mikeadams

VS X2 Upgrade Kit/Parts Coming - True or ?

Rate this topic

130 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

I just heard Bill Wetzel say in an Instagram post last night that some kind of new upgrade kit/parts (?) is coming out for the VSX2.

I think others may have heard this upgrade rumor on here too.

Wetzel also said that @VSCraig was going to make an announcement about the upgrade on Surf Rats Ball. 

Does anyone know anything else about this “upgrade”?

Thanks everyone! :howdy:

1 hour ago, mikeadams said:

Hey Folks,

I just heard Bill Wetzel say in an Instagram post last night that some kind of new upgrade kit/parts (?) is coming out for the VSX2.

I think others may have heard this upgrade rumor on here too.

Wetzel also said that @VSCraig was going to make an announcement about the upgrade on Surf Rats Ball. 

Does anyone know anything else about this “upgrade”?

Thanks everyone! :howdy:

I saw that last night as well, 

I'm very curious about how this moves forward. 

Posted (edited)

I had heard from another source that VS does not consider the rubbing issue to be major, however, due to the large number of complaints an upgraded rotor would be released in a few month's.

The upgrade would be available to all current bailess X2 owners (black, silver and gold) and that only authorized repair shops would do the exchange/install.

Note, I cannot confirm how accurate this info is, we will have to wait and see.

Edited by recoil

4 hours ago, recoil said:

I had heard from another source that VS does not consider the rubbing issue to be major, however, due to the large number of complaints an upgraded rotor would be released in a few month's.

The upgrade would be available to all current bailess X2 owners (black, silver and gold) and that only authorized repair shops would do the exchange/install.

Thank you for posting this information.

Posted (edited)

Only service centers? It's literally 4 screws lol, converting a VR to bailess is 10x more work 

Though I guess turning in an "old" rotor would make it easier to identify actual buyers

Edited by jk20a3

12 hours ago, recoil said:

It’s going to be great when I have to send in my 3 vsx2’s in April when whatever parts are finally available and then get them back in December. :o

9 hours ago, WindAndWater said:

I heard that they’re raising the VR prices by 30% and dropping the VSX2 prices by 30%. Is this right? 

I had not heard this but maybe someone else has some insight?

24 mins ago, mikeadams said:

If true, it would make the VSX2 costs lower than the cost of a VSX

48 mins ago, mikeadams said:

I haven't heard of any price drops or differences, I don't see why they would. 

13 mins ago, Bow3022 said:

I haven't heard of any price drops or differences, I don't see why they would. 

Nothing goes down in price...

37 mins ago, albacized said:

If true, it would make the VSX2 costs lower than the cost of a VSX

VSX2 for sale at Dicks sporting goods 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, WindAndWater said:

I heard that they’re raising the VR prices by 30% and dropping the VSX2 prices by 30%. Is this right? 

This is a very interesting theory.

Raising prices on a lesser model to financially compensate for the fault of a higher end product wouldn't be the approach here.

This model could also hint to us VS feels the VR is the current future of the Van Staal brand, since they want to discontinue the VSX. Which is probably not the case.

You may see a price drop on " faulty" VSX2 reels to clean out inventory but I would bet the upgraded VSX2 or its successor will sit comfortably in its known market position. 

All that being said this is no different than a recall on a newly purchased vehicle.

In this case a failed reel goes into service and is returned corrected. Inconvenience, sure for us owners, but a stronger product should be returned when repaired. Its when product issues aren't addressed, that would be the bigger problem.

Edited by Googs