MainelySmallies

Phase Gear Top?

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Just now, runnsfromcops said:

are the cuffs just elastic like a windbreaker?

Yeah exactly. It doesn’t seal at the wrist, which I prefer for how I’ll be using it. 

Posted (edited)

Ouch. How is that pouch sealed/drained? I wouldn't want that and the hoodie pocket full of water 

I have the cheap helly Hansen anorak (Roan?) which is a nice light option 

Screenshot_20230125-093533.png

Edited by marty_mccarty

I bet their pictures of nice fish on IG are as fake and misleading as their surf top.

Surfcasting success and authenticity cannot be achieved when money and attention is the main motivator.

11 mins ago, marty_mccarty said:

Ouch. How is that pouch sealed/drained? I wouldn't want that and the hoodie pocket full of water 

I have the cheap helly Hansen anorak (Roan?) which is a nice light option 

The pouch is sort of misleading from the photo. That section has openings on the side where you can put your hand in. The actual pocket has (what seems to be) a water tight zipper concealed under the flap. That area is maybe six inches deep. It’s much smaller than it would appear from the outside. I don’t see water getting in there easily between the flap and the zipper. 

9 mins ago, Pickerel92 said:

I bet their pictures of nice fish on IG are as fake and misleading as their surf top.

Surfcasting success and authenticity cannot be achieved when money and attention is the main motivator.

No comment on their IG presence but I know as an acquaintance one of the people associated with their crew and at the very least the person I know grinds for their fish. Works very hard, is out every night, and very humble. 

3 mins ago, Pickerel92 said:

I have fished with Pete and he is a good guy and hardcore surfcaster who is well connected with other great surfcasters, just wanted to leave that in this thread 

To be clear-I  believe that Pete and the rest of the Comanche guys are great fisherman who catch big fish.   I just thought the contrast between the two photos was funny. 

Getting back to surf tops, my favorite lightweight top of all time-that I still use to this day- was the one made (or at least branded/marketed) by Lamiglas.   Wish they still made it so I could get another when mine eventually gives out. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 10.10.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 10.10.39 AM.png