The Season- A Rundown 2023

Rate this topic

Jacks

11 hours ago, LowEnd said:

My amputation is scheduled today, should be home tomorrow.

All the best my friend.

I see lots of rod building in your near future.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

Today was the last day in the Western sound till spring, not a tap!  Fishing was great Oct.- mid Nov., but the party’s over.  
  Going to try river fishing tomorrow, this expired calamari may bring me luck

Edit-Fishing sucked but got some salvage for Craigslist cash.

IMG_3409.jpeg

IMG_3413.jpeg

Edited by cheech

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Very impressed with how late my season is still going. Obviously we’ve have a bit of a cold spell hit us but overall the forecast has a few more milder days ahead of us. Takes me a few skunks in a row to let it go but I’m still getting into a decent pick of bass. There’s still a lot of fish to be caught if you haven’t cleaned out the trunk yet folks. Enjoy these last few mild days, we’re in for a long winter 

9 hours ago, HYB_Living said:

Very impressed with how late my season is still going. Obviously we’ve have a bit of a cold spell hit us but overall the forecast has a few more milder days ahead of us. Takes me a few skunks in a row to let it go but I’m still getting into a decent pick of bass. There’s still a lot of fish to be caught if you haven’t cleaned out the trunk yet folks. Enjoy these last few mild days, we’re in for a long winter 

I put a bunch of time in the last few days of Nov both on front and in the back and even on the north shore but kept coming up empty. Good to hear you still finding em. Think I’ll give it a few more outings 

23 hours ago, the3fishheads said:

I'm goin fishin. 

:howdy:

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

23 hours ago, LowEnd said:

Cold hands, snot running out my nose and wind that made me want to go home.
Ah, December fishing! Love it!

Gave it a shot for a couple hours today. Only managed one @ 30”(thanks 3FH(Mikey) for putting that one back.)!

That was it, no other hits and didn’t see anything else come up.

Standing on the wet sand.....eyeing big bass with bad intent.... snot is running down your nose!

635960663265547621-721024-17.JPG.webp

5 hours ago, brushfly said:

Standing on the wet sand.....eyeing big bass with bad intent.... snot is running down your nose!

635960663265547621-721024-17.JPG.webp

Saw them n the 80’s, what a great show! Ian Anderson is one of the best frontman in the business.

Tried today for the skunk, did see a few come up.

Couple friends on the boat were killing them a 1/4 mile away from me. They boated over 60 fish to 20 pounds.

Been plucking away at some real dinks past few days on diamond jigs. Might be time to finally call it. Probably one of most, if not the most December bass I’ve ever caught. Not too sure if the so called “El Niño” year played any affect but I’ve been on an upwards trend of starting and ending my seasons earlier and later than the previous year (don’t fish outside of Nassau/Suffolk just for context). Maybe I just end up learning more and decide to push the boundaries more but something to definitely make a note on. Can’t complain about a few extra weeks of fishing though