Random Image Thread 2023

Rate this topic

7nBait

1 hour ago, Steve Coleman said:

looks delicious.  'cept for the fleas. maybe if I had enough to drink I'd do some. 

These were molting soft-shells. First time I was able to find enough to do a batch. They exploded like popcorn when you fried them. I swear anyone who likes seafood would love them. Just hard to find.

If only I could cast into it, hook up, and be connected to it. My line would be attached to the chaos and, for a moment, I would mainline the power of nature.

50 mins ago, spinr0k said:

Is this a thing, do people have slough boxes for fleas?

No, I dont really think its a thing. A productive/reliable way to grow/harvest them is all that's missing though. Ive had the regular ones before and they're not bad (the shell is a little crunchy) and I've found the soft ones (if you know, you know) before, but this was the first time I collected enough to fry up a whole batch of just soft shells. Even better than I expected. Its really the prefect sea-finger-food. Just needs a signature dipping sauce. If you could easily harvest/cook/sell these by the basket, you'd be rich. Or at least really cool.

If only I could cast into it, hook up, and be connected to it. My line would be attached to the chaos and, for a moment, I would mainline the power of nature.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 11:28 AM, Frank2104 said:

9Wait.....some beautiful shots! Lots different than when I went out Thursday AM on Fenwick. Driving down the beach couldn't see the surf for the fog!

Ha! Yeah it's hit or miss down here... Have been days we leave the house and can't see 50 yards when we hit the drive on.... Then an hour later it's beautiful out on the sand... I worry more about the cavern size holes people dig on the beach.... LOL

Edited by 9wait

"Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it...." - Harry Middleton