Affordable Bucktail/Tin Pouch options

Rate this topic

JoeBaggs

5 mins ago, PSeggs said:

Shotgun shell pouch.  Tons of sizes. 

shotshellpouch_od2.jpg.555ca289f4bc676279a3aa17a765fc49.jpg

:agree:  Cheap & semi durable.  

Edited by Fishtale7

- Life is a waiting room, I hope they don't call me soon...... 

- Thomas Jefferson - "The course of history shows that as government grows, liberty decreases"

Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind that moves it. It flies with the breath of every fallen solider who protected it.

That’s why everybody buys them from the BST !

There’s also a lot of tool pouches that you could use as well, Just gotta fish(lol) through and find one that works for you and maybe modify it!

A lot of the smaller pouches are sewn and not riveted, so no worry about rust and almost all of them come standard with a belt loop!

EA

26 mins ago, Surf bomber said:

Make the tubes out of old plastic bottles and find an old military pouch or soft lunch carrier … or spend the money … I always keep the money and improvise …lol lol lol 

I like to improvise as well. I created a plug bag out of a cheap cooler and downspouts. I am going to get an actual surf bag soon and use the small cooler bag still for storage. I want a bag I can put on a belt or small one I can sling over shoulder, but the small cooler is a little too big for that.

1 hour ago, PSeggs said:

Shotgun shell pouch.  Tons of sizes. 

shotshellpouch_od2.jpg.555ca289f4bc676279a3aa17a765fc49.jpg

I thought about doing this when I walked by them in the store the other day, but I was wondering if they would just slide out if turned on its side or if there is a way to secure them inside. Do you also use them for tins and jigs like Avas, etc...?

I used a tool pouch for a few seasons. Ditched that when I picked up a Tactical Anglers pouch. There’s no slots in that one. Used it for about a season. 

Ultimately, I ended up getting a gear up BT pouch - which could easily be a light tackle all around bag if you stuffed a few short plugs in there with your BTs.

(Admittedly, I might try the shotgun shell thing but it’s arguably better to bite the bullet and get the real thing.)

1 hour ago, JoeBaggs said:

I thought about doing this when I walked by them in the store the other day, but I was wondering if they would just slide out if turned on its side or if there is a way to secure them inside. Do you also use them for tins and jigs like Avas, etc...?

I'm a tin guy and they seem to stay put fairly well. 

I don't wear the pouch thou. I'm unorthodox in my approach.  

I have a 10tube surf rite bag with inserts removed, that I use to carry a few small planos, a couple of those pouches and some gulp or pork rind.   I don't throw plugs all that much but like the way the plug bags sit on my shoulder & hip. 

I bought some 18 or 24 shell (can't recall) pouches that I keep in my trunk and use a smaller pouch for the bag and rotate what I want in & out. 

I separate the pouches by weight & mark with paint pen. 

All from Amazon and all relatively inexpensive. 

depending on how many you want to carry.  divers weight pouches are a consideration.  They will fit your wading belt and will carry.....weight.  The biggest drawback of anything that is not sail cloth, is that you can get hooks tied up in them.   I have used these a long long time ago.

MRSTWPK[1].jpg

Edited by puppet

Tactical-Anglers-Assault-Pouch-736211578I have a couple Gear Up bucktail bags, and plug bags etc.

I also have a few of the Tactical angler pouches.  I tend to put bucktails and pre-rigged jig heads in.

Not sure if they’re still made? They used to be cheap, I bought a few years ago they hold

Up despite getting a hook out of them a b*tch.

Edited by MattieG

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”