The Scotch Thread

Rate this topic

Chunkah

Let's focus in scotch here as it most certainly deserves its own thread as it is truly the nectar of the God's.

Picked up these today. I'm a big GlenDronach fan and have never seen the Port Wood local to me so that was an easy choice. The Octomore; I sampled Edition 7.1 about a month ago at a whisky tasting and it was incredible; blow your socks off stuff. Today took me out of state and through New Hampshire. I did a quick search of the inventory of the State Liquor Store I'd be passing on my way to Maine, and they had 6 different editions available. After reading some online reviews I settled on Edition 12.2. Pours to commence shortly.

20221217_172942.jpg

7 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

I don't drink scotch much anymore, but when I did, Scapa was my favorite single malt.  Very peaty but was a little difficult to find.  About $80 if I recall.

For blends, Chivas was always good. 

How come? Lost a taste for it? I often find myself sucking down bourbons because they're just so easy, but I feel like scotch offers much more complexity and a wider variety. Highland Park 18 is what I'm looking for now...want to try that one.

3 hours ago, BLilly said:

I’ve been enjoying these cask strength scotches that a friend brought back for me from Scotland recently. 

2EECD643-0118-47B4-8B3F-5D2A900ADCB8.jpeg

I'll send you my flask. Return it with some of that Lagavulin. Thanks

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around.