tallpauly

Travel case/bag spinning reels

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Hello all, looking for suggestions on a travel bag or case, I’d like to be able to carry 4 6000 or 6500 series reels, is there such a thing? I can’t seem to find one. Thank you

Paul 

I normally just stuff my stuff inside a sock or two and put them in the middle.

That being said, I've got a small pelican that I could use to put a reel or two in 

Camera cases also work well.  If you're traveling with a suitcase, then I agree with the posters above - take off the handles and pack in between your clothes.  I usually keep mine in neoprene covers and then pack them where they fit.

I got a soft cooler bag, with shoulder strap and wrap my reels without spools. Was told TSA sometimes makes you remove line. Why? Garrot? High altitude trolling?The cooler is used as a cooler when I get there.

I use a hard plastic storage crate made by Plano.  It is 16 Qt. size I think.  Has dividers to create four separate compartments.  I put my reels in reel bags or wrap with towels.  Each compartment easily holds 8000 size spinning reels.  My Spheros 8000 and Penn 8500SS fit easily with reel handles folded.  Not a case that is easy to carry but it does have handles under the lip on each side that makes a one or two hand grab pretty easy.  Has two latches that close securely.  The plastic of which the case is made seems pretty heavy duty as well.