coldsurf

Crowds

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I have noticed when there is a blitz literally hundreds of surfcaster appear within minutes.   However, when there isn’t a blitz it is pretty dead and you can fish alone.  I prefer fishing alone in the hopes of catching.  However, fishing a blitz your chances are greater.  Which do you prefer?

if you take the time to fish enough... you can get both... a few times this year on the canal when nobody was around me and another regular happened upon a blitz of over slot fish.... however fishing alone or with a friend is more important than the blitz... jmo

Ernest Hemingway pretty well said it all when he wrote The Big Two-Hearted River.

"Nick did not like to fish with other men on the river.  Unless they were of your party, they spoiled it."

Applies to fishing for  trout, applies to fishing for bass from beach or boat, applies to just about any sort of fishing that you might want to do.  I've left good bites more times than I could count after in influx of people took all joy out of the thing.

I just keep walking … and casting … fishing on union beech and the blues/stripers hit the beech right in front of me … next thing I was shoulder to shoulder with every googan that was on the beech … I landed one fish, removed the hook and couldn’t get back in to the line … sooo I stood behind them and casted over their heads well past where they were landing … I got some dirty looks and then tangled 4 or 5 lines when I let the blue fish run a bit … released the blue cut some lines and it was time to leave … lol lol lol no one said any thing but their was some ugly looks ..lol lol lol