coldsurf

Crowds

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

I have noticed when there is a blitz literally hundreds of surfcaster appear within minutes.   However, when there isn’t a blitz it is pretty dead and you can fish alone.  I prefer fishing alone in the hopes of catching.  However, fishing a blitz your chances are greater.  Which do you prefer?

I'm rarely ever in a spot where if there was a blitz it would get crowded. But then, catching isn't my main reason to go fishing either. 

Don't like fishing in crowds.  I prefer some level of solitude.  I know that can mean missing out on chances of catching, but I catch enough for my own satisfaction and get to enjoy other aspects of being out on the shore.

It’s new joisey , your not escaping the crowds doing any thing … a blitz lol lol lol googans will be all over it like stink on c h I t , old timers may give a little space … then comes the line crossing and of course it’s braid …. Sometimes it’s better to keep on walking the other way and try for a trailing fish … 

4 mins ago, Surf bomber said:

It’s new joisey , your not escaping the crowds doing any thing … a blitz lol lol lol googans will be all over it like stink on c h I t , old timers may give a little space … then comes the line crossing and of course it’s braid …. Sometimes it’s better to keep on walking the other way and try for a trailing fish … 

Pretty much what I do.  I saw one guy recently throw the bass high and end over end back into the ocean.  I guess it stayed alive for a few minutes.   New Joisy Sportsmen!

2 hours ago, YakDawg said:

Bad weather = good fishing.

At least you have more of a chance at peace! Hope all is well down there  where I dream of going...:)

7 hours ago, coldsurf said:

I have noticed when there is a blitz literally hundreds of surfcaster appear within minutes.   However, when there isn’t a blitz it is pretty dead and you can fish alone.  I prefer fishing alone in the hopes of catching.  However, fishing a blitz your chances are greater.  Which do you prefer?

That why i try to fish only at night. The other night i fish from 1 am to 5 am without seeing a single other angler and the last several night trip probably fewer then a handful of people. Night bite has been pretty consistent for me.

7 hours ago, coldsurf said:

a blitz is not fishing , learn to target your species in an estuary where they come in to feed , guarantee larger fish will be there and you will be ALL alone . Tight Lines