nickd9283

Charters specializing in artificials near West Palm Beach?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Just booked a trip at the end of march to WPB. Looking to book a couple charters, one for inshore stuff like snook, jacks, and tarpon.. and an offshore trip either for Mahi, sails, blackfins, and kings, or a wreck trip for amberjacks, cudas, and grouper.

would like to book with a charter capt who has experience with using artificials for some of these. I’m not against using live bait, but would like to toss some lures if possible. Anyone ever do a trip like that? I’ve watched so many damn josh Jorgensen videos that it’s hard to not want to try my hand at that.. would love to vertical jig for amberjacks or reel something across the top as fast as I can to see a crevalle blow up on it.

I had alot of luck with these guys for offshore. They put together exactly the trip I wanted. 

Screenshot_20221207_172447_Chrome.jpg

20 miles north out of Jupiter you have Capt Dino Torino. Light tackle and fly guy. Fishes out of a 27’ Onslow Bay offshore and a Tidewater Bayboat inshore. Good guy. 

On 12/4/2022 at 11:13 PM, nickd9283 said:

Just booked a trip at the end of march to WPB. Looking to book a couple charters, one for inshore stuff like snook, jacks, and tarpon.. and an offshore trip either for Mahi, sails, blackfins, and kings, or a wreck trip for amberjacks, cudas, and grouper.

would like to book with a charter capt who has experience with using artificials for some of these. I’m not against using live bait, but would like to toss some lures if possible. Anyone ever do a trip like that? I’ve watched so many damn josh Jorgensen videos that it’s hard to not want to try my hand at that.. would love to vertical jig for amberjacks or reel something across the top as fast as I can to see a crevalle blow up on it.

BlacktipH supposedly runs their own charter services now. 

9 hours ago, z-man said:

Do I even want to know what their rates are though lol? I want a josh Jorgensen INSPIRED trip hahaha.. I’m a poor, don’t know if I can spend the coin to fish on the most famous fishing man on YouTube’s boat. #someday

15 hours ago, reelfire said:

I had alot of luck with these guys for offshore. They put together exactly the trip I wanted. 

Screenshot_20221207_172447_Chrome.jpg

Appreciate the referral. Was the trip you wanted sound similar to the one I described above?

10 hours ago, z-man said:

25 mins ago, nickd9283 said:

Do I even want to know what their rates are though lol? I want a josh Jorgensen INSPIRED trip hahaha.. I’m a poor, don’t know if I can spend the coin to fish on the most famous fishing man on YouTube’s boat. #someday

Given Josh is going through chemo, I am not sure that his brother is running charters. They could be, but you won't be getting Josh on such a trip. 

On 12/4/2022 at 11:13 PM, nickd9283 said:

Does artificials include flies?

Flies-only would be Capt Scott Hamilton of Fly Fishing Extremes 561-745-2402

Do-everything would be Capt Ron Doerr of Bite Me Charters 561-512-5560. He does flies, lures, bait, kites, etc. 

Both run catamarans, Ron's a bit larger than Scotts. 

By late March they might be able to find chum baits and no bigger fun than tossing live chummies for albies and the occasional tuna. And that might be toward the end of the blacktip migration, but there are always our resident blacktips. And if you wanted to battle a bull shark or goliath, those are always around. 

They are both geared toward inshore and nearshore, but not true offshore but you can inquire. Given the wind and weather dictate seas, you might want a bigger boat for offshore anyway. 

You might also want to check out Slob City Charters (772) 209-3706

I have not used them but see them all the time. Jorgenson filmed more than a few of his videos on their boat. They run a big CC

Slobcityinc dot com

1 hour ago, flyangler said:

Given Josh is going through chemo, I am not sure that his brother is running charters. They could be, but you won't be getting Josh on such a trip. 

I think they have a captain and crew that run the boat and you can pay extra for a fish with a celebrity/Josh package. 

1 hour ago, z-man said:

I think they have a captain and crew that run the boat and you can pay extra for a fish with a celebrity/Josh package. 

i stand corrected

blacktiph dot com /pages/charters

and ouch on the pricing

+1 513-655-2610

639224dde08d8_ScreenShot2022-12-08at12_54_10PM.png.dd144ce4aafc3009e0e966fbb7c958de.png

Inshore- Captain Danny Barrow and Captain Dale Ash. Danny has a big bayboat and runs offshore, weather permitting. March is usually windy.

16 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

2500$ beach sharkin lollll . I fffukkkked up in life 

but but but, you will have a cameraman to record every fishless minute of it...