Thomas Salute

Selling some reels - Which one should I keep?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

I'm clearing out my fishing gear, but want to keep the right gear. I have a pair of Penn SSM 950's and a pair of FinNor Lethal 100s and the short question is, what pair would you keep and why?

I've used them for fishing for rays from the beach and wels catfish from the bank (wels catfish grow to approx 7-8ft and weigh around 150-200lbs).

Altough I like Penn, I'm tempted to keep the FinNor.

I must add that I also own a pair of 760 slammers and 10500 spinfishers, so the Lethal would fit right inbetween whereas the Penn will be closer to the 760s.

Cheers

Thomas

2 hours ago, Thomas Salute said:

I must add that I also own a pair of 760 slammers and 10500 spinfishers, so the Lethal would fit right inbetween whereas the Penn will be closer to the 760s.

Looks like you already made up your mind and you are just waiting for conformation on it.

Posted (edited)

Are you still planning on using the gear for rays and catfish or are you taking that gear and now planning to fish for striped bass? 

Edited by youngsalt

14 mins ago, youngsalt said:

Are you still planning on using the gear for rays and catfish or are you taking that gear and now planning to fish for stripped bass? 

Rays, sharks, big catfish.

34 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Looks like you already made up your mind and you are just waiting for conformation on it.

Funny thing is that before writing this down, I was going to put the LT up for sale...