ODM dna

Rate this topic

PhishOnLI

I personally don't find it to be super forgiving like other mod/fast rods can be, but again it's me and how I like to throw a rod. I also can't stand fishing pencils with it, but in the off chance I'm actually fishing a morning or day time it's not the biggest deal breaker. I want to switch to a century or back to a lami. The ODM guys are great though I will say that, great service and fast response via email as well. 

Where do you go when the lights go out?

On 12/3/2022 at 8:50 PM, PhishOnLI said:

Looking to upgrade from my 9'6 airwave elite. Looking at an odm dna. I'll be putting a vr150 on it. The reel would be overkill on a 9 foot rod so I'd probably go 10 ft, no? 

Given the reel you've mentioned (which I have) and the rods mentioned (which I have or had at one time or another) ... The 9' or 10' ODM rods (DNA and / or Genesis) make for a great match up. If I had to choose one ... it would be the 10ft rod for plugging with 2oz lures.

RockfishOn!! :cool:

On 12/4/2022 at 8:51 PM, Sam3631 said:

I'm looking to upgrade my same rod, also.

I want something lighter but just as strong  as the AWE and same lure range up to 3 oz.  Does the DNA feel lighter than the Airwave elite?  New rod can be 9'-9'6" or so.  Maybe even 8' - 8'6".  The AWE I have now is 9'6".  What about a Black Hole Suzuki? Or maybe a Century (don't know which one) if I splurge.  I have a VSX 150 on the AWE now and would still use it on new rod.  

Sorry to hijack, PhishonLI.  Glad you started this thread.  I can take this to another thread.  I fish NJ sand beaches.

i have  9' Century Weapon Jr. up to 2 oz paired with a VR75........... My Lord :love::love:

On 12/8/2022 at 11:40 AM, HarryHood711 said:

I have a vsx200 on my 10' dna. I will say, I do not love this rod but it's most definitely me and my style of casting. I used it for a full season, handles fish fine but I might move on from it next season. 

Curious......what is it that you dislike about it........especially if it incorporates your style of casting?

14 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

i have  9' Century Weapon Jr. up to 2 oz paired with a VR75........... My Lord :love::love:

Sounds like a sweet setup.  Must be lighter than air!

I ended up buying a 9' ODM Genesis yesterday at Grumpy's.  Felt lighter than the DNA and I like the skinny grips and 50-50 split.  Haven't fished it yet but it feels good.    It's really light, felt much lighter than the AWE, which feels top heavy.  Still throws up to 3 oz and is moderate, which I like.

3 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

Curious......what is it that you dislike about it........especially if it incorporates your style of casting?

I meant how I like to cast causes the rod to fall on its face. It’s my own fault I dislike the rod. It’s also my first season with a mod/mod fast rod if I’m being honest. 

Where do you go when the lights go out?

23 mins ago, HarryHood711 said:

I meant how I like to cast causes the rod to fall on its face. It’s my own fault I dislike the rod. It’s also my first season with a mod/mod fast rod if I’m being honest. 

Gotcha …… what do you prefer fast action or moderate type rods?  I’m assuming you lean moderate based on your comment regarding Lamiglas?

On 12/8/2022 at 11:40 AM, HarryHood711 said:

I have a vsx200 on my 10' dna. I will say, I do not love this rod but it's most definitely me and my style of casting. I used it for a full season, handles fish fine but I might move on from it next season. 

This is my exact feelings on this rod. 

I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor. 

Just now, HarryHood711 said:

I’m glad I’m not alone. I haven’t quite figured it out but it makes me second guess myself when I see others loving it with no issues

For me, I fish the lower end of the range. My bread and butter is bucktails .75 to 1.5 oz, but on the higher end of the range is where this rod starts its sweet spot. Id love something that length (I do need it the spot I use this at) and that capability, but this is the closest Ive seen to it. 

I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor. 

IMO....if your more a tune to a moderate action, it's for you....I find my 8'0er a bit soft for me...guess I'm use to a faster rod.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"