nightfighter

Need new washing machine

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I woke up to my wife telling me the washer had died overnight... She was up most of the night searching on her phone for fixes and had moved the stacked units to soak up the water on the floor. (All this was communicated before my feet had hit the floor.... Good morning!)

Unit is 18 year old Bosch 500 series stackable with dryer on top. She actually likes doing laundry and does 1-3 loads a day...(for 3 people?) Motherboard was replaced years ago for $300 after warranty. So I think we got our money's worth. Probably won't get anything new to last this long the way things are built today, IMO.. LG is off the table. Not my call, just is. She mentioned Miehl. And also wants to get the ventless dryer as our dryer vent is poorly located and poorly designed ie. falls out of wall connection too often.

Any recommendations from recent purchases?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you staying with stackable? Top or front loader? I did have a front loader for about 8 years and went back to top loader, with a bottom auger. My bride would stuff it so it wouldn’t balance and walk across the room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the old one has a stainless steel tub... they are great as fire barrels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nightfighter said:

For the space i would like to stay with front loading stackable. Thanks for making me narrow down our needs.

My sister bought a stackable Bosch unit that is ventless and it has been working great for a good 8 years now. I'll see if I can get the model number...it'll probably be the same one you have. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LG stinks, I'll tell you that much.  I've had electrolux stacking in my rental units and they've been solid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chunkah said:

My sister bought a stackable Bosch unit that is ventless and it has been working great for a good 8 years now. I'll see if I can get the model number...it'll probably be the same one you have. :laugh:

Have a connection at appliance store who is putting together some numbers for the Bosch. I have sent her a decent amount of business, she lives in town, and our kids were in same class. We had bought the original machine from a more local store, with the extended warranty $$$. When we went to replace motherboard with said warranty, we found that they had not bought it and had just pocketed the money. They lost on the claim and us as clients. I tell my clients that story whenever I am asked for suggestions of where to buy.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All done. Bosch Washer and ventless dryer will be delivered a week from Monday. (Wife is out of town this week on delivery date they gave..) Gives me time to close up wall to outside vent, and build a shelf/platform for dryer to sit on instead of stacking together. Might even put down new tile as old stuff was on sub floor with laundry drip pan covering up most of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nightfighter said:

She actually likes doing laundry and does 1-3 loads a day...(for 3 people?)

Get her one of these, this will break her obsession.  Then tell her with what we save in utilities l could buy a new VSX2. :D638bcbc546da6_1Washtube.JPG.33b3bfe7311f100ef3d8dec9b8b63d84.JPG

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nightfighter said:

All done. Bosch Washer and ventless dryer will be delivered a week from Monday. (Wife is out of town this week on delivery date they gave..) Gives me time to close up wall to outside vent, and build a shelf/platform for dryer to sit on instead of stacking together. Might even put down new tile as old stuff was on sub floor with laundry drip pan covering up most of it.

Ventless dryer? How the f does that work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.