GearGuy

Shimano Exsence DC 22

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

I'm about to take apart the digital part of the reel in order to replace the bearing inside with a cheramic bearing. Has anyone tried this? - it seems a little scary to me. In short terms - is it safe to take apart this unit? 

Update:

I took the chance, and opened up the digital unit. Just to let you all Shimano Exsence DC 22 owners know - the is nothing to be afreid of. Things in there are quite simple, easy to handle!

Edited by GearGuy
Problem solved!

Posted (edited)

l just found an old post that you made, with no response, l'm glad that all went well and you were able to do what you set out to do, l think along these lines if there is a screw on the reel it was meant to be taken apart some could be quite difficult and some a walk in the park as we say here in the USA

Get some more posts here on SOL (like 20) and you will be able to get PMs and look into people's profiles to see what they doing fishing along with other things, there is a lot of good information on this fishing forum.

l found that most of the reels that are made in Asia and sold there or in Europe seem it be one step up from what we get here in the USA, everyone seems to be looking for (JM) Japan Made reels.

Edited by LB

Thank you for answering my old post. Yes - I'll look forward to be able to look into peoples profiles. About the JM reels - Well, my own experience is that if one are after the very best - then it must be made in Japan!

2 hours ago, GearGuy said:

It's the same here - I have imported my Shimano Exsence DC from Japan. (JapanTackle.com) 

That seems to be where fishermen get there over here also.