If my iPhone says my ‘iCloud is full’, should I care?

Rate this topic

albacized

My wife pays .95 a month for iCloud space. I have about 1000 pics on my phone but nothing I would call important (except for personal/sentimental reasons), and I have something like 5 or less emails in my email in box. I can access everything...if I’m understanding correctly, that only means if something happened to my phone, I would lose whatever is not saved in the iCloud...Is this correct? Because if so, then I don’t care - it’s an older i6 phone if that matters at all

I was thinking about this the other day, after I'm dead, I really don't think anybody is going to sign into my cloud and look at old pictures.

It's not like they can pick up a picture album and thumb through the pages or anything.

My great grandkids won't even know what I look like probably

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

1 min ago, redfishkiller said:

I was thinking about this the other day, after I'm dead, I really don't think anybody is going to sign into my cloud and look at old pictures.

It's not like they can pick up a picture album and thumb through the pages or anything.

My great grandkids won't even know what I look like probably

Ha - very true 

1 min ago, foxfai said:

If you don't care about anything in the icloud, then don't do anything with it. But one word of advice if you want those items, sit down one day and back it all up to a  physical hard drive at home.

I probably will do that in the near future- especially since Ill need a new phone at some point in the near future anyway. 

10 mins ago, chumfish said:

Set the phone down next to the new one and they talk to each other. 
No kidding. 

9 mins ago, Billybob said:

Really?

7 mins ago, chumfish said:

Same with AirDrop, data goes from one device to another without internet.

Yep. Not possible when Steve Jobs was still alive...

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

I received a message to up my storage . I went in to add more storage and my phone died. 

I had to get a new phone and lost 1000's of pictures. I asked if any way i could have the pictures retrieved? 

They told me i would have to hire a private company to find them and that could cost hundreds or thousands!   

I lost so many great picture / concerts / daughters early stuff.