Danny1199

December 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

733 posts in this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

55 mins ago, cec127 said:

Its December and crickets....

Exactly a week ago, there were people catching triple digits of quantity and some guys were telling of some quality fish in the mix. Pretty sudden changes. 

30 fish today between 3 of us. All between 25-29”. Fish were feeding on butterfish schools and plumes of spearing in the wash. 

Not a ton of effort out there today as expected for a Thursday. Guys still trying to throw pencils we’re skunked. Guys throwing Shad’s and metal caught…..

30 days of blitzing fish - big early growing smaller each week now migration over and its littles who will be winter over residents 

tip - put the teaser back on

probably still a bite of better fish in RB before they all head up the Hudson and LBI south 

water was a little dirty today but it was nice out once the wind laid down

Posted (edited)

Not over. Get out there and fish. I still think we will get another good push of slot fish coming also. Actually, someone may have gotten into nice fish today. Then didn't post. If your sitting there saying its over, just because there weren't seeing a million posts today, your giving up way too soon. But more room on beach for the guys that are sticking too it. Like TheSpaniard and Suntzu in their post above. Not sure why I even read this section of the reports. Love SOL though. But some of you guys are depressing. ps. No one has a crystal ball...Get some fresh bunka and a circle hook and do a 16 hour soak. Or jump are from spot to spot for 12 hours. I guarantee you will get good fish.

Edited by outfished1957

Posted (edited)

More bait than fish today.  And the bass I caught today would have been dinner for the fish we had last week. Water off color but cleaning up . Fish caught on shads and, dare I admit it, Colt sniper..

Edited by JimK

After three consecutive weeks on the sand (what a run!) I’m out of time off and absolutely refuse to fish weekends, so it’s over… (for me) LOL!

Sooooo, back to local freshwater it is.

Posted (edited)

Lots of bait as Jim K said. Fish poppen. Just a bit out of casting range but some did come in. Bird activity a mile out that was incredible. They definitely wanted small profile. Very small. Did not see one fish reeled in. Skunk as well. Participation wasn't crazy but decent for a cold Thursday. 

Edited by joefishnj21

Posted (edited)

19 mins ago, Inshore said:

Jerk or stick?

This one.. first one I've purchased and it's producing consistently.. 

Screenshot_20221201-193547.png

Edited by JimK