TheClamGovernor

IBSP MSFV Sold Out

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Permits for the 2023 MSFV sold out last night at 12:01 AM. Half were purchased by 18-27 year olds who intend to drink on the beach and leave their garbage. These folk likely will be going to the beach with the permit once the entire year to “impress” their friends. The other half were purchased by those with anti-fishing agendas. Sorry to those who did not get one. We should all move out of NJ. This is reminder to get one, don’t freak out yet get one before it happens.

Edited by TheClamGovernor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheClamGovernor said:

Permits for the 2023 MSFV sold out last night at 12:01 AM. Half were purchased by 18-27 year olds who intend to drink on the beach and leave their garbage. These folk likely will be going to the beach with the permit once the entire year to “impress” their friends. The other half were purchased by those with anti-fishing agendas. Sorry to those who did not get one. We should all move out of NJ. This is reminder to get one, don’t freak out yet get one before it happens.

Ok, this is insane.. And very dumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Ok, this is insane.. And very dumb

Thats why I posted it lol a little satire never hurt anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I tried early this morning(not at midnight)and everything went through. Guess I will be getting a notice (not?) that I am S.O.O.L.

 

Son of a! And we all thought last year was rough. Whether you got a permit or not...

 

Edit: just checked. Payment went through, confirmation number and pass id for 23? I'll report back good or bad.

Edited by Basswiper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 mins ago, Basswiper said:

I tried early this morning(not at midnight)and everything went through. Guess I will be getting a notice (not?) that I am S.O.O.L.

 

Son of a! And we all thought last year was rough. Whether you got a permit or not...

 

Edit: just checked. Payment went through, confirmation number and pass id for 23? I'll report back good or bad.

Nah I don’t believe they sold out yet it was a joke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheClamGovernor said:

Nah I don’t believe they sold out yet it was a joke 

I appreciated the satire, made me chuckle :howdy:

 

But this made me chuckle more...from IBSP's website:

ANNUAL MOBILE SPORT FISHING VEHICLE PERMITS
Mobile Sport Fishing Vehicle Permits grant the permit holder’s all-wheel drive vehicle access to drive on to the beaches at Island Beach State Park, North Brigantine Natural Area and Corson’s Inlet State Park for the sole purpose of fishing:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A couple of more laughers from the "Rules" list:

SPEED LIMIT is 10 mph on the beach.

No Tents or camping or temporary tent/shelter, including truck tents.

ACCESS TO DUNES AND VEGETATION IS PROHIBITED.  Exceptions are granted only to those who are encroaching for the express purpose of dropping a deuce.

Edited by Jettyhound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jettyhound said:

A couple of more laughers from the "Rules" list:

SPEED LIMIT is 10 mph on the beach.

No Tents or camping or temporary tent/shelter, including truck tents.

ACCESS TO DUNES AND VEGETATION IS PROHIBITED.  Exceptions are granted only to those who are encroaching for the express purpose of dropping a deuce.

 

How bout that??!! Ringer has some pull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"sold out" yet I paid for one at 05:30 today and got a confirmation number, pass ID number, payment went through, etc....

 

I think the website just got overwhelmed by a flurry activity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, daves745t said:

I appreciated the satire, made me chuckle :howdy:

 

But this made me chuckle more...from IBSP's website:

ANNUAL MOBILE SPORT FISHING VEHICLE PERMITS
Mobile Sport Fishing Vehicle Permits grant the permit holder’s all-wheel drive vehicle access to drive on to the beaches at Island Beach State Park, North Brigantine Natural Area and Corson’s Inlet State Park for the sole purpose of fishing:laugh:

The whole rule list is a joke lol. They need to change the whole system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jettyhound said:

A couple of more laughers from the "Rules" list:

SPEED LIMIT is 10 mph on the beach.

No Tents or camping or temporary tent/shelter, including truck tents.

ACCESS TO DUNES AND VEGETATION IS PROHIBITED.  Exceptions are granted only to those who are encroaching for the express purpose of dropping a deuce.

This is hilarious, I feel like this is actually how it is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I waited too long last year and missed out getting a pass. This year i bought one. Cant wait to see all these clowns get stuck this year at the entrances! Ill have my tow strap ready to make some loot! 

Edited by StripersBR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, StripersBR said:

I waited too long last year and missed out getting a pass. This year i bought one. Cant wait to see all these clowns get stuck this year at the entrances! Ill have my tow strap ready to make some loot! 

Yanked out a hyundai last year, forgot to ask him he had a pass.  Pretty sure it was 2wd.  It's always funny to see the guys with trucks and huge wheels and tiny tires get stuck at the entrance.  
Like airing down would do **** when the sidewall on the tire is an inch tall.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.