burkie

Lindsey's Restaurant

Rate this topic

246 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

No kidding! I was just thinking of heading there this week, and by “just thinking” I mean 5 minutes ago. When’s it supposed to happen?

Edit: Just googled it. Closed for good as of today. 

Edited by Seadogg

Terrible, terrible news ate there at least once a week April through October and would often take a ride down at least one a month throughout the winter to have lunch with friends...............

A sad sad day...............

That is sad news.  I enjoyed their food.  
I wonder if it’s just a matter of time when other eateries on the strip also shutter. 

I just learned about it this morning.  

According to their FB page, it was due to Covid.  The govt checks helped, but only to a point. 

Lack of help, customers changing spending patterns, skyrocketing food costs, rising energy costs, and shrinking profits.

Cheri finally tossed in the towel after 47 years.

Just today I was thinking of taking a ride up toward the end of the week. Guess I can scrap that idea. Such a shame. Many, many years back my mother and her boyfriend worked there as cooks. I spent a lot of time around that place as a kid. I’d often ride my bicycle from my mom’s house off Glen Charlie road to the canal or buttermilk bay, fish for a while, then stop in on the way back to visit them for a bite to eat. Sheri was a great lady, and the food is something I’ll always remember. 

17 hours ago, bob_G said:

I just learned about it this morning.  

According to their FB page, it was due to Covid.  The govt checks helped, but only to a point. 

Lack of help, customers changing spending patterns, skyrocketing food costs, rising energy costs, and shrinking profits.

Cheri finally tossed in the towel after 47 years.

Unfortunate trend that's just beginning.

I think we're going to see many eateries disappear come next year.

23 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Unfortunate trend that's just beginning.

I think we're going to see many eateries disappear come next year.

I have no idea what it looks like there from October - May. I hope you are wrong but I am afraid you are right. 

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, bob_G said:

I read Cheri's notice a number of times and she seemed to focus more on staffing issues as opposed to other factors as the primary reason for the closure.  

Her following words seem to suggest this was the case.....

"We are shutting down because we could not physically staff our restaurant to open 7days a week".

."......while many employees maintain a positive work ethic, others returned with less enthusiasm after reopening earlier on in the pandemic."   

Edited by Joe G

We will miss Lindsey’s.  Only been once this fall and since the pandemic.  It wasn’t the same.  We like to eat in the kitchen and I usually get a bowl of haddock chowder or more often seafood bisque and my wife gets soup and half of sandwich combo and we split a desert.  They had ripped the kitchen seating out saying it was necessary to handle take-out service during the pandemic.  The bisque was still the best with seven lobster claws.  Lots of local places were closed for a day(s) or a week+ due to staffing related issues this summer.