Dom D

Blue Fish still in ct

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I went out fishing 2 nights in a row with a buddy looking for bass and was surprised that we couldn't catch bass because we were catching blue fish every cast. I have been living in Florida for college so I haven't been up to date with ct's fishery but I didn't know bluefish stay so late.

PXL_20221125_055012720.jpg

Snapchat-338526744.jpg

Nice!   Hows the water temps?   

Kids will be at a sleepover next weekend. Wife is suggesting we hit the shore. 

2 hours ago, PSeggs said:

Nice!   Hows the water temps?   

Kids will be at a sleepover next weekend. Wife is suggesting we hit the shore. 

The water was in the mid 60s

In years past been out waterfowl hunting towards the western end of the state around Thanksgiving and later, , and had more bluefish swimming by than ducks and geese flying by. If I had a fishing pole with me instead of a shotgun, the skies would have been darkened by the flocks of waterfowl. I was always amazed by the amount of fish still around that time of year. When you think of blues you think of summer fishing, not air temps below 40.

Always lots of bunker still around too.

7 hours ago, The TideRunner said:

In years past been out waterfowl hunting towards the western end of the state around Thanksgiving and later, , and had more bluefish swimming by than ducks and geese flying by. If I had a fishing pole with me instead of a shotgun, the skies would have been darkened by the flocks of waterfowl. I was always amazed by the amount of fish still around that time of year. When you think of blues you think of summer fishing, not air temps below 40.

Always lots of bunker still around too.

Same here.  I went with my BIL & another guy up to East Twin. We were breaking skim ice at the launch.  Get to a spot and there is a beast of a pike swimin around.  Not a duck in the air. 

Of course no rod!   

On another note I drive along Zoar everyday, seeing lots of ducks. Mainly mallards but a few blacks & canvasbacks too.