Chass510

Bill Hurley Jig Heads

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Posted in the Mass forum but may gain more traction here

 

Anyone use Bill Hurleys jig heads with savage 7.5" sandeel bodies? If so which one do you use? Looking for a sleek fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 mins ago, Chass510 said:

Posted in the Mass forum but may gain more traction here

 

Anyone use Bill Hurleys jig heads with savage 7.5" sandeel bodies? If so which one do you use? Looking for a sleek fit

he sells a .75oz, 1oz, and 1.3oz jighead for the 7.5 sandeel.

 

I usually use the .75 oz, but all the sandeel heads are made to mate up to the sandeel body, the heads get longer as they get heavier, not wider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, EliasA said:

he sells a .75oz, 1oz, and 1.3oz jighead for the 7.5 sandeel.

 

I usually use the .75 oz, but all the sandeel heads are made to mate up to the sandeel body, the heads get longer as they get heavier, not wider

thanks will check it out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever weight is appropriate for the conditions and depth your fishing. If you are attempting to fish the bottom count down the drop and add or reduce weight as necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Bull Hurleys sand eel type bodies and Sluggos on those jigheads, not the Savage ones. But as Elias said, the Bill Hurley jigheads get longer instead of wider/taller so you can increase weight without getting an oversized head on your thinner/smaller baits. A 5” bait can be put on his 3oz heads seamlessly.
 

The 3/8oz jigheads have pretty small hooks better for thinner 4-6” baits but the 3/4-1oz jig heads fit most soft plastic bodies well.
 

His jigheads are stellar and one of the only ones that still uses Owner hooks instead of generic who knows what random black nickel hooks others are using. And Bill ships super quick, great guy to buy direct from! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hairyfishhead said:

I use Bull Hurleys sand eel type bodies and Sluggos on those jigheads, not the Savage ones. But as Elias said, the Bill Hurley jigheads get longer instead of wider/taller so you can increase weight without getting an oversized head on your thinner/smaller baits. A 5” bait can be put on his 3oz heads seamlessly.
 

The 3/8oz jigheads have pretty small hooks better for thinner 4-6” baits but the 3/4-1oz jig heads fit most soft plastic bodies well.
 

His jigheads are stellar and one of the only ones that still uses Owner hooks instead of generic who knows what random black nickel hooks others are using. And Bill ships super quick, great guy to buy direct from! 

+1. Great to deal with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So a couple days ago I had put an order in with bill, for jig heads in various sizes , for my savage sandeels. 
 

After further thought, and uncertainty , I went and canceled my order. Bill was quick and communicative with his responses, and issued me a swift refund that same night with a note saying “holiday tracking” . . 
 

holiday tracking??


Bill had sent me a package out of his own goodwill. 

 

 I can’t express enough, how valuable the feeling is knowing the person you’re dealing with - GENUINELY has your best interests at heart. You guys were right, Bill is salt of the earth. .

 

Shirt order incoming! 
 

Thanks again Bill!   :hi5:

 

 

 
 

 


 


 

 

image.jpg

Edited by Chass510

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's Bill for ya!   

I don't even know the guy and he sent me a bunch of stuff to try out. 

Same with RedRum Baits & Buffs Baits.   

 

All get top shelf in my kit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.