DSem215

Saltwater Registry

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

Has this ever been checked where you’ve fished at? Ever since it started I haven’t had it checked once… 

Once for me.  Checked my empty cooler as well.  Was happy to see it, very much in favor of more DFW around during the fall to keep people honest.

It's used to collect data they apparently use to determine the health of fish stocks.  There's no reason to dislike it.  Many states make you pay for saltwater licenses, there's really nothing to complain about here

Posted (edited)

Just another task for them to perform to justify their jobs. Problem #1...too many government jobs. Serves no purpose if they don't collect the data or know how to put it to good use

Edited by sandflea5

23 mins ago, TowerJetty67 said:

Takes a couple minutes to register each year and costs nothing , I can't understand why anyone would complain about it. 

I don’t care that I have to do it. I care that I literally haven’t seen anyone checked for it once if it’s supposedly suppose to help the fishery. 

41 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

If you believe that, I got a bridge to sell ya on the Hudson................

Dude, you give them your name, last four digits of social security, address, phone number…. 

-Name (on your birth certificate that’s issued by fed) 

-A fraction of your social security number, a number literally issued to identify you by the feds

-Address… take a peek at your drivers license.  You seem of age to collect social security so where is that mailed?  Ever wonder how they know what taxes to collect on you? 

-Phone Number…. You could make this up if you wanted.  No verification.  Besides, I bet you listed your phone number for everything above

Imply I’m illogical or stupid all ya want! 

Sometimes I think certain people need more important things to do than whine about everything in NJ. Go to another state and pay for a saltwater license.