rathrbefishn

Wading shoes size question

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Any general guidance on sizing for wading shoes?  If I use them with neoprene socks do you typically need to buy  size up?  What about for use with stocking foot waders?

Posted (edited)

It entirely depends on the brand. Most of the big named companies will already size up their wading boots to work with their stocking-foot waders (or neopreene socks). However some that do not sell waders may or may not already adjust for that and you will typically want to get 1 size larger in both width and shoe.

Edited by FallenKell

I just bought a pair of Orvis wading boots for my stockingfoot waders and the recommend get 1 size up. I’m normally an 11 and purchased the 12 and they felt right

3 hours ago, Tiderunr said:

It seems to me that Simms boots run very small. I'm currently using 2 sizes up.

I find that simms runs large for me while my korkers fit nicely. I size up to next size.

Just picked up a pair of korkers darkhorse and even thou it recommended to go up a size on their website , I found my actual size to fit me perfect 

Posted (edited)

All my wading boots are 2 sizes up.  Korkers and 2 neoprene (Hodgman and Frogg Toggs).

I have 2 stocking foot waders, Cabela's and Hodgman. 

Edited by Skunkoff

The 1st time I bought Simms wading boots I bought my shoe size and they were too small. I called Simms and they said I needed to buy a size up because they don't account for the neoprene waders inside the boots when they size them. I wear 11 1/2 and I can wear Simms size 12 but they are a bit snug.

I’m an 11 in everything and I size up to a 12 in Korkers, I suggested the same to multiple people and they agreed. True size korkers are way too tight, especially with a pair of warm socks