burkie

Joe g

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Joe g , I've been calling you, you must be driving your car and as you no you can't drive and be on the phone, so I hear that you had Thanksgiving at b-wares house this year, red squirrel and all the fixings. I hope you brought the apple pie, and some wine, have a safe drive home

Posted (edited)

And roasted red squirrel on a stick it was.  Accompanied by Brunswick stew which I’m sure was with either rabbit or pigeon and oddly,  a huge holiday pu pu platter Bernie had specially ordered from Miss Wong.  We quaffed either shots of The Rose or his homemade mead. 

Interestingly, his back wood neighbor who lives in a trailer down by the river also joined us. He seemed to prefer the pu pu platter offerings  rather than the squirrel or stew.  Unsure why that was. 

Frontier art crafted from old pallets and pieces of discarded scrap wood was prominently displayed throughout his residence.  From the wooden bowls we ate from to the wooden spoons we ate with, his primitive art was everywhere. 

All in all it was an informative experience for me. 

Edited by Joe G

10 mins ago, Joe G said:

And roasted red squirrel on a stick it was.  Accompanied by Brunswick stew which I’m sure was with either rabbit or pigeon and oddly,  a huge holiday pu pu platter Bernie had specially ordered from Miss Wong.  We quaffed either shots of The Rose or his homemade mead. 

Interestingly, his back wood neighbor who lives in a trailer down by the river also joined us. He seemed to prefer the pu pu platter offerings  rather than the squirrel or stew.  Unsure why that was. 

Frontier art crafted from old pallets and pieces of discarded scrap wood was prominently displayed throughout his residence.  From the wooden bowls we ate from to the wooden spoons we ate with, his primitive art was everywhere. 

Joe g, I wish I wood have went, you guys had chow main sandwiches from Wongs, I'm sorry I missed it, I had my pizza which I've done for about 25 years, so I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving 

2 hours ago, burkie said:

Joe g, I wish I wood have went, 

…….and I wish you wood have went two because there were a few uncomfortable moments at the table when the guy down by the river began to tell stories about alternate lifestyles in Ware. 

46 mins ago, Joe G said:

…….and I wish you wood have went two because there were a few uncomfortable moments at the table when the guy down by the river began to tell stories about alternate lifestyles in Ware. 

Yea, I can see where that might be uncomfortable.

4 hours ago, Joe G said:

You forgot the salt and pepper shakers..........

DSC_0785.JPG

Yes sir, that was quite a day, joe showed up at the proper time, (meal time) with a pint of Muscatel to share and he even brought his own wooden ware. He had a well worn pair of free chop sticks, (they looked like tooth picks) and used them to consume our meal (even the soup).  Earl,our other guest, while strange in his own right was really getting upset with Joe and stood up and told joe to stop playing footsie with him, very awkward indeed.

Now Joe, you seem to look down your nose at other folks calling them demeaning names and such, poking fun at their lifestyles and mannerisms maybe you should look in the mirror and wonder what people think about you.................

7 mins ago, burkie said:

Bware, you can't talk to Joe g like that, he won't go to your house for Thanksgiving next year

Why don't you go ask your keepers what needs to be done around the house.......................

26 mins ago, shark lobster said:

Hopefully there were no wooden splinters in your mouths from the wooden flatware

I think it would be a blast to hang at Bernies, heck I might even invite myself for a coffee now that I have time!