Suebert2

Happy Thanksgiving - What are you thankful for?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Sometimes we are all in need of remembering the good in our lives. 

No matter how bad things might seem, there is always something to be thankful for.

By sharing some of those things, you might remind others who don't always seem the good in their lives at certain times.

Some of the things I am thankful for:

• My husband who is the most supportive and caring person I have ever me and he makes me laugh
  • My family (even though they drive me nuts most of the time) and my friends
  • My health, even if it isn't perfect
  • Our military and all of their sacrifices on our behalf
  • Fishing, as it is my way of destressing and relaxing and has introduced me to wonderful people I may have never met
  • SOL for the friendships I have made, as my news source (it's better than any new station!)

and as a place of compassion and helpfulness for those in need, even amongst those who bicker all the time.

May you all find many reasons to be thankful today and everyday and if you can't, remember that there is always someone that is thankful for you.

Happy Thanksgiving SOL!!!  :heart:

Please share some of the reasons you are thankful!

family and my fishing buds, which i like to think of as family you get to pick :th: 

Family, I am truly blessed to have a loving family. I am thankful for the work i do that provides for a decent living. My friends, supportive and decent folks.

I am thankful for a clear mind and discernment, which bring clarity to my life.

SOL , is truly a place I come to for peace of mind, I mean that.

And I am most grateful for my personal relationship with the Lord. My firm foundation :howdy:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

I am grateful for family, friends and all the characters who hang out here.

Cheers to all of you !

Friends,  Family, SOL "playgroup", and good health.

Thankful that my Mom is still on this side of the grass even though she's having struggles. 

28 mins ago, Ditchbag said:

Just happy to be alive !

Normally, I would give a different response but it is Thanksgiving so, so am I! :D 

I’m thankful for the family and friends I have and thankful everyday I open my eyes. But I’m also thankful that no matter what kind of day I’m having I can come in here for a good laugh.

Right now I'm thankful that for the 45th year in a row I got to go small game hunting on Thanksgiving morning with my uncle. We certainly didn't beat the brush the way we used to, but we covered the same ground that we always have and told the same stories. He's 85 now and I'm not sure how many more years will be able to do this. But I am genuinely thankful that we got to spend time together today. And for those wondering, no, we haven't actually shot anything in years.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, and I hope you can all share it with someone you care about.

Lots to be thankful for but #1

is after what happened in May/June my lovely bride is here with me today 

cherish what you have guys/girls

my new hip, even though its not perfect and my families help with all the before and after. rocky’s crabs too :beers: and i know my wife and daughter are thankful for them too.

never told rocky this but i shared a couple of the crabs with my 82 yo widow neighbor once this summer. she told me the next day she was moved to tears when she ate them because they were a simple pleasure she shared with her husband and she hadn’t had them in 5 years since he passed :love: