Sandflee

IRS Audit wtf?

Rate this topic

204 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just got a letter today in mail, audit for filing year ending 12/31/2019 telling me I owe 3+ grand, how the ****? We Do the taxes via Turbo tax, always accepted, never had any issues ever, and I don’t do any fancy tax avoidance garbage. Straight forward returns. I got this letter today and have till 12/5/2022 to pay and they already added a $600 interest charge 

Edited by Sandflee

3 mins ago, Mokes said:

This is why we use a real accountant 

Us as well. Worth every penny.

1 min ago, Mokes said:

This is why we use a real accountant 

Yep. The number of times my account (who I've had since 1985,, yes, we our both older than dirt and he's a Rag$ fan too) has said to me "Hey ****head. That isn't going to fly. You are going to have to do xxxxx. And I don't want to hear any shitabout it. ALSO,,call me,, no more emails or texts !!!" would be more than I have fingers and toes and that's BEFORE the chainsaw acci, er ah incident.

8 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Just got a letter today in mail, audit for filing year ending 12/31/2019 telling me I owe 3+ grand, how the ****? We Do the taxes via Turbo tax, always accepted, never had any issues ever, and I don’t do any fancy tax avoidance garbage. Straight forward returns. I got this letter today and have till 12/5/2022 to pay and they already added a $600 interest charge 

You are screwed.

What are they challenging ?       The IRS usually asks questions before jumping to conclusions like you've described.    

4 mins ago, Gloucester2 said:

What are they challenging ?       The IRS usually asks questions before jumping to conclusions like you've described.    

Pension/annuity the tax year my pops passed away, but we claimed everything 

I think you should verify the authenticity of the letter. Wouldn't you be audited first before being sent an already settled amount? It doesn't sound legit to me.