surfrat59

Stealth 1325 or Black Hole East Coast

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, LowEnd said:

The Stealth 1325 blank weighs in at 8.4 oz. not much lighter then a one piece GSB.

Understand you are looking for that moderate action for a build but if you need to save weight look at the sling shot or a surf machine elite.

Went through this yesterday, my 1201L set up NCG needs a guide repair. Broke out my old 1201L COF rod. It was heavy in hand compared to the NCG rod but it works pencils way better. NCG rod weighs 12 oz. vs the COF rod at 16 oz. 
Definitely love the NCG rod a lot more.

Much like your self thinking about a lighter 10’6” set up with a VS 150 for those long sessions. Problem is most manufacturers do not list the blank weight so making a decision is complicated.

Not so much weight but thinner blank diameter is what I'm after. Fish two rods of similiar weight/length on a windy day the thinner blank offers so much less wind resistance it's a notable improvement. All of my older GSB's are COF, so heavier but better with pencils with the extra weight near the tip. Could rewrap some for a crisper feel but they do what they do very well and I'm used to them. Have no experience with Century blanks but was under the impression that the Slingshot and the SME are faster...Already have plenty of fast rods, want a parabolic thin walled stick. I might just have to take a ride to Jersey off season and measure/wiggle all of em in person before choosing. 

2 hours ago, surfrat59 said:

Not so much weight but thinner blank diameter is what I'm after. Fish two rods of similiar weight/length on a windy day the thinner blank offers so much less wind resistance it's a notable improvement. All of my older GSB's are COF, so heavier but better with pencils with the extra weight near the tip. Could rewrap some for a crisper feel but they do what they do very well and I'm used to them. Have no experience with Century blanks but was under the impression that the Slingshot and the SME are faster...Already have plenty of fast rods, want a parabolic thin walled stick. I might just have to take a ride to Jersey off season and measure/wiggle all of em in person before choosing. 

Got ya. Parabolic and thin walled is pretty much a unicorn. Most thin walled blanks will be mod fast to fast action ODM might be the only other choice

Like you said best to go give them a wiggle and see what might work.