Chass510

Protection!

6 posts in this topic

I’ve had mine since 2013. I’ve done nothing to it to protect the underside. I only drag it across sand and grass, for the most part. Otherwise it’s on a cart. I also don’t live in an area with oyster beds. 

Posted (edited)

I do my best to mitigate the abuse. Avoid oyster bars in the shallows, don't drive the bow up on rocky shores, use my wheels, rely on paddling skills vs. brute force. At times I wade  and stake my boat.

Edited by Fishinjohny

Posted (edited)

Mines used and scratched already so I don't really care. If it was new I would, but I don't think I could buy a new one for that very reason. To me the point of it is to fish areas that I can't with a boat and that basically means fishing pilings and shallow oyster beds, so it's going to keep scratching up

Edited by hurricane1091

3 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

Mines used and scratched already so I don't really care. If it was new I would, but I don't think I could buy a new one for that very reason. To me the point of it is to fish areas that I can't with a boat and that basically means fishing pilings and shallow oyster beds, so it's going to keep scratching up

Less about looks I was nervous about repeated scrapes and what it could do to the integrity of the hull