Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KenK

Sports Authority Sale

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this sale is regional or national, but the Sports Authorities around PA are having a fishing sale. 20% off any fishing item. If you've been waiting to buy a big ticket item at SA now is the time (i.e. Mitchell Neptune regularly $159.99 on sale for $127.99!). Worth looking into.

Its probably only in PA. I bought a Neptune a few days ago, regular price. Or I have bad luck, and the sale started the day after I bought it smile.gif

I stopped by the new Hazlet, NJ store last night, no Fishing sale going on there. Come to think of it, not much fishing stuff there at all. There's a better selection in the Woodbridge and Eatontown locations.

Gee fella's there is a better and cheaper way!

As a bait fisherman, I've found after getting a snoot full of beer while fishing, reading smut and over turning trash cans. That nothing really satisfies like hanging out at a bait and tackle shop for free rods and reels. You wait for the land rovers and fancy SUV's to pull up with racks on top or the front. There they are! Makes a great gift for the missus or the bar maid you went out with last night - darn shame you don't recall what she looked like! Money saving tip number three!

If they notice you, just jump in your pickup with the big *ss tires, gun rack and rebel flag painted on the tail gate. They'll leave ya alone and just talk business over designer beers and write the rods off as a business expense. A win win fellow bait chuckers!

Boy Dave, your really fired up here. smile.gif Don't let it get to ya, I think the next Rockfish is going to be interesting. biggrin.gif

Joe A, I saw a flyer for the Sports Authority in Eatontown NJ, they have the sale going.

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

Dave sounds like you would be a good republican smile.gif seems we dont care about the world only about screwing the poor and the enviroment........personally I do my part every day. I dump toxic wastes into creeks to save the company money, I steal candy form babies, kick some homeless guys, liter on the beach, in fact I bring bags of trah to leave there, I always open them so that the trash is everywhere......

BTW I was in SA the other day I didnt see any reels on sale That was by the Oxford Valley Mall in Bucks county PA

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

Thanks for the heads up Dubs.

Ismail- take the Garden St Pwy to Exit 105. This is Route 36. Take Rt 36 and head towards the ocean. SA is on the right side about 3 miles from the GSP, after Monmouth Mall and right after the Honda dealership. It's in the same strip mall as Home Depot.

JoeA

JohnM Others, the sale isn't on reels per say. The store circular has a coupon good for 20% off of any 'fishing item'.

ismail;

There are also SA's in Clifton on rt 46. Willowbrook by Costco and Paramus as well. check there site @ thesportsauthority.com

Regards

Tankboy

Picked up a Penn 6500 ss, $89.03 after coupon, saved $21.00. BTW, the coupons were apparently mailed out, but if you ask they have them in store! Ken thanks again for the heads up!

Sports Authority ? The Neptunes wholesale to the tackle shops for 120.00. I hope all of the small bait and tackle stores eventually go out of business so that SA, Cabellas, and Bass Pro can take over...

This thread is disheartening to the bait dealers I'm sure..

Its just a matter of time now...

Rhodester

There was one tackle shop that used to be next to my house, unfortunatley it shut down. The owner of that tackle shop got me started surf fishing. I agree with Rhodster that we should help the smaller guys out. $120? What tackle shop is this!?