Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

For the brainwashed among us who believe the media is not biased...

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

This just came out.

When you consider the huge number of low information voters that get most of their news from late night talk show hosts, you realize that this kind of bias makes a real difference at the polls.

MRC analysts found that during the fall campaign, from Labor Day through the Monday night before Election Day, liberal guests outnumbered conservative guests 47 to 0. It was 100 percent liberal and/or Democrat.

The study looked at the daily six late night comedy shows: ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live!, NBC’s Late Night with Seth Meyers and The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, CBS’s The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and The Late Late Show with James Corden, and Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. 

MRC analysts divided guests into two categories: partisan officials and then journalists and celebrities.

When it came to the count of politicians, the count was 21 Democrats to 0 Republicans. Stephen Colbert led with seven, Noah was second with five, Meyers was third at four, Fallon came in fourth with three, and Corden and Kimmel tied for fifth with one.

Hillary and Chelsea Clinton, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, and Texas Democratic gubernatorial nominee Beto O’Rourke were the guests who appeared multiple times during the length of the study.

I’ve always maintained that the party that influences/controls the “low information voter” is the party that wins. 

Posted (edited)

I don't watch late comedy shows and I don't know anyone who does.  Most of the people I know don't stay up that late anyway.  

Everyone knows bias in inherent in media on both sides - it's not a shocker people get brainwashed if they get all the news from only one source or sources that use the same echo chamber.  That's why I have a news aggregate app to get same news but from different sources to get a more complete picture.

Edited by GeoffT

23 mins ago, DZ said:

I’ve always maintained that the party that influences/controls the “low information voter” is the party that wins. 

That’d be Democrats for certain 

3 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

That’d be Democrats for certain 

Free stuff is addicting. 

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

This just came out.

When you consider the huge number of low information voters that get most of their news from late night talk show hosts, you realize that this kind of bias makes a real difference at the polls.

MRC analysts found that during the fall campaign, from Labor Day through the Monday night before Election Day, liberal guests outnumbered conservative guests 47 to 0. It was 100 percent liberal and/or Democrat.

The study looked at the daily six late night comedy shows: ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live!, NBC’s Late Night with Seth Meyers and The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, CBS’s The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and The Late Late Show with James Corden, and Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. 

MRC analysts divided guests into two categories: partisan officials and then journalists and celebrities.

When it came to the count of politicians, the count was 21 Democrats to 0 Republicans. Stephen Colbert led with seven, Noah was second with five, Meyers was third at four, Fallon came in fourth with three, and Corden and Kimmel tied for fifth with one.

Hillary and Chelsea Clinton, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, and Texas Democratic gubernatorial nominee Beto O’Rourke were the guests who appeared multiple times during the length of the study.

All the best people!

54 mins ago, DZ said:

"I love the poorly educated." Donald J Trump

54 mins ago, GeoffT said:

I don't watch late comedy shows and I don't know anyone who does.  Most of the people I know don't stay up that late anyway.  

Everyone knows bias in inherent in media on both sides - it's not a shocker people get brainwashed if they get all the news from only one source or sources that use the same echo chamber.  That's why I have a news aggregate app to get same news but from different sources to get a more complete picture.

so in other words you get all your news from a left wing bias news media. 

Control the demedia = communism 101…. Some folks may say it’s old and lame but it’s not and it’s real … Russia Russia, a lap top , the view , the self admitted c n n propaganda spew… Jim Crow …500 peaceful riots …  and 80 million college edjumacated donkeys believed this garbage…

14 mins ago, Dave S said:

so in other words you get all your news from a left wing bias news media. 

Unless he trips over one of the 5% of them, that are not team dnc or full leftist.

Posted (edited)

The hilarious thing is the leftist nitwits here scoff at sources unless they are established left wing media.  Stupid rubes

Edited by jkrock