RAW

Got out at 9 looking for more water ! Nope after all that rain,

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

Such a nice spot. You could be shoveling if you lived up north further Bob, lol..

Beautiful spot, if I get out and go to other side with fly rod I could whoop em good, old legs don’t like rocks

3 hours ago, RAW said:

Beautiful spot, if I get out and go to other side with fly rod I could whoop em good, old legs don’t like rocks

I hearvya there. My left hip is killing  me and now my left knee  is acting up..

14 hours ago, 7 Rivers said:

I hearvya there. My left hip is killing  me and now my left knee  is acting up..

The inevitable aging process 

Degenerative joint stuff is inevitable if you're active at all. Im back in post season physical therapy mode. Two torn menisci in one knee, plus arthritis. Another torn meniscus in the other. Still can fish most spots with care and slower pacing, but certain rocky areas are out now. 

18 mins ago, bdowning said:

Degenerative joint stuff is inevitable if you're active at all. Im back in post season physical therapy mode. Two torn menisci in one knee, plus arthritis. Another torn meniscus in the other. Still can fish most spots with care and slower pacing, but certain rocky areas are out now. 

There’s lots of places I can get out and Fl fish  for trout or stripers, it seems you always want to go a little further! 

On 11/14/2022 at 4:41 PM, 7 Rivers said:

If it is arthritis in the hip don't be afraid of talking to a surgeon.    I had my left one replaced last January and it is life changing.

3 hours ago, DMacLeod said:

If it is arthritis in the hip don't be afraid of talking to a surgeon.    I had my left one replaced last January and it is life changing.

Had right hip done 2008, Birmingham Resurfacing, cross legs, bend over, total weight of apparatus 3/4 off an ounce

I'm waiting for first injection for c5-c6. It got bad fast, can't look up or drive far. Aging for sure, though the MRI showed an old compression fracture on t1 I know I got on the mountain bike. Crap comes back to haunt ya!

8 hours ago, stormy monday said:

I'm waiting for first injection for c5-c6. It got bad fast, can't look up or drive far. Aging for sure, though the MRI showed an old compression fracture on t1 I know I got on the mountain bike. Crap comes back to haunt ya!

Went thru everything, the back procedure called MILD worked best

On 11/24/2022 at 8:39 AM, RAW said:

Went thru everything, the back procedure called MILD worked best

I was reading about that, I wish it was available for cervical stenosis as well as lumbar, but no such luck. Injections did the trick for my L5 when combined with an inversion table, so I'm hoping if I combine injection with a traction device maybe I can get through without surgery. Meanwhile I'll replenish the fly boxes.

On 11/23/2022 at 3:49 PM, DMacLeod said:

Yup, in the process now of getting my authorization from the VA. That was the main option after the MRI showed my Labrum torn in my left hip. The shot was just a band aid till I can get into the hospital.