JTR

Glock Parts and My First Custom Build

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

a 20 / 20sf with a light and 14 @ .45acp is one BA for home defense...........

21 is the .45. 

20 is 10mm, which is the best semi auto pistol caliber.

1 hour ago, ridenfish said:

Two guns I will never part with are my 20 and 34.  I like the look of Glocks.  And they are really easy to work on.

Not knocking the gun at all, got a few myself, just saying they're nothing to look at, and too many guys do the plug and play parts swap and call em custom builds...nothing custom about it and every oem part removed usually detracts from the reliability that made them so attractive in the first place. Nobody buys a Glock cause it looks sexy, at least nobody that intends on using it for serious work.

1 hour ago, ridenfish said:

Two guns I will never part with are my 20 and 34.  I like the look of Glocks.  And they are really easy to work on.

Not knocking the gun at all, got a few myself, just saying they're nothing to look at, and too many guys do the plug and play parts swap and call em custom builds...nothing custom about it and every oem part removed usually detracts from the reliability that made them so attractive in the first place. Nobody buys a Glock cause it looks sexy, at least nobody that intends on using it for serious work.

The 21 is easy to shoot, but it’s damn big in the hands. For someone with smaller hands, I could see it being tough to shoot. I do shoot lights out with it though. I’ve got a TLR-1HL on it, which is a great light…. For big areas and outdoors. But damn, some of these modern lights can be blinding in tight quarters.