flyangler

SE Florida Meet-up III - February 4, 2023

Rate this topic

93 posts in this topic

Third annual effort to enjoy camaraderie, eat some good food, drink a few libations and maybe wet a line.
Saturday February 4, 2023 

Carlin Park, Jupiter FL (same venue as last two years)

Red has already approved of the date as not conflicting with Valentine Day plans with Recie. 

High tide 7:45 am. 

Please indicate definite or possible interest below. 

1CA5ABC9-7C8D-4DF7-8CE6-FF048A165241.jpeg.21fdb8addefe2529ebb8cdc7cbb53492.jpeg

Excellent! Confirmed attendee list thus far: 

Me

Levari

Manny

Redfishkiller

Who else? 

56 mins ago, rockyoutdoors said:

I still have not received my check for last years appearance. 

it is in the mail, just keep checking the mailbox, Red told me he mailed it himself.... 

1 hour ago, JBDoha said:

I’ll put it on the calendar…

Cool, looking forward to having you there. This is an opportunity to meet people, eat some good food, and possibly wet a line, if the ocean and the fish are cooperating.

For those of you arriving prior to 7am, last year the gates to Carlin Park were locked so we fished a bit north, closer to the inlet. If you’re interested, I’ll probably get there around 6am. 

I’m in!  
Bob,

Can you post an address for the early morning meet up at the inlet.  I remember we wasted a lot of time last year at Carlin park that was locked up when we arrived. 
Tom,

I will bring some food and drink. I think I will also bring the ooni pizza oven. This  could be fun!  But dangerous too playing with a 800 degree oven   Keep the fireball at a safe distance Red.  We would have to work out the details for provisioning the ingredients. I got the dough, gas, and sauce. My dough is not gluten free. 

I will post up more in the next day or so. The Ooni would be very cool, and now I am forced to develop that GF dough. 

15 hours ago, Leatherface said:

For those of you arriving prior to 7am, last year the gates to Carlin Park were locked so we fished a bit north, closer to the inlet. If you’re interested, I’ll probably get there around 6am. 

The easiest site is just over the Inlet, south of Coral Cove Park on the south end of Jupiter Island. No gates with easy street-side parking, short walk to the water. Usually quite isolated. And at that tide, there should be a good drop from the suds. 

I will post up exact coordinates but I park where the line is and walk in at the first access point, just north of the condos. There are reefs out there, so be careful with swimming baits or jigs, just don't fish them too deep (I have left more than a dozen Hogy paddletails in those rocks). Best to walk in and fish from the circle shown below and south to just in front of the first condo, there is a good reef out there and tarpon and sharks cruise that entire strip. 

It is only a 5-7 minute drive from Carlin Park 

63b84b3f9e1c0_ScreenShot2023-01-06at11_22_45AM.png.1f359a4dd5789c4b686c086a2ab0ff24.png

@levari Received your PM on considering a better fishing venue, like Sebastian. While I agree that would be better for angling, it is a bit of a haul and the Carlin location is just so conducive to a social fling. So I want to keep it in Jupiter. 

Now, if you want to schedule a fishing only boondoggle to Sebastian, count me in....