Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Nov 14 - 30

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, bdowning said:

^^What did your friend get the cod on? 

Green crab. He was togging when he got it.

Today is an excellent day togging too. Limited out on my dingy with my friend. Was cold but warmed up with no wind. Bite slowed way down after the tide turned. Still can't find where the keeper seabass is. Keep getting cookie cutters.

ADDED : Friend's cod fish.

690916935.jpg

Edited by foxfai

Posted (edited)

One thing I forgot to ask is when I was togging at 35ft of water (49.5F), I saw fish chasing my crab up from the depths and quickly swam back down. First time I thought it was my eye deceiving me, but then the second time I saw it more clearly.

The fish is silver or white and about 8-12" long and thin. What could it be at this time of the year?

Edited by foxfai

2 hours ago, foxfai said:

One thing I forgot to ask is when I was togging at 35ft of water (49.5F), I saw fish chasing my crab up from the depths and quickly swam back down. First time I thought it was my eye deceiving me, but then the second time I saw it more clearly.

The fish is silver or white and about 8-12" long and thin. What could it be at this time of the year?

Maybe whiting this time of year?

1 hour ago, Capt.Castafly said:

Maybe whiting this time of year?

It's small, thin and fast (flexible?) . Could be whiting, but again can't see clearly both times it was chasing that crab up. 

How would you catch these? Sibiki rigs?

WE use to have tinker mackeral chase ours up many years ago when we tog fished late in the year .  the only time we caught a few was when they would hit a plain  silver hook coming up 

when I would dig in the fall off Jamestown  . I would steer up the bottom an the current would  carry the mix ....I would always get a school  of fish that would feed on it  but I never could catch any .....could have been smelt  but I thing its those big silversides  4" ,maye a little larger >,