Joe Paranee

HEADING TO PANAMA POPPING & JIGGING

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GarbageFish said:

atlantic or pacific side?   just got back from bocas/pax and man is that a beautiful country.

Panafishing is on the Pacific side 

thx 

for whatever its worth i have fished both sides commercially and the pacific was better

My only suggestion is to not lose your gear... I'd go broke trying to replace all of the nice stuff... Good luck, and looking forward to a report and pics...

Butch

15 mins ago, Midnightpass said:

My only suggestion is to not lose your gear... I'd go broke trying to replace all of the nice stuff... Good luck, and looking forward to a report and pics...

Butch

Thx Butch I will do my best :)

Switched the Nomad SPJ to an FOKEETO IKARI jigging rod and bumped the Longcast from the 76 to the 78

the Foketto 76 is my albie rod and I have caught some decent Stripers on it as well but as this will be my lightest casting setup I wanted a bit more gun. The 78 will still throw as light as `1/2 oz to a little over 2 

The ikari jigging rod paired with a IRT 5500 DD is a really neat setup the rod is a thing of beauty. 

I wanted to have a right hand reel overhead and a left hand retrieve spinner so I can switch it up the overhead is the Jigstar Twisted Sista with the Accurate SPJ 500 and the IKARI & Accurate  the light 

7114C75C-9E7D-450B-8487-E4EAE97A63F2.jpe 8E65E5DF-DFBF-49CD-8AF7-7EBCF9C73422.jpe 64F05C09-792E-4177-81F2-65EDD6868B0A.jpe 858C89CB-1384-4373-9589-3315A3BD3B2D.jpe

Posted (edited)

the ikari foketto is a really nice rod.  the solid feel is off the walls.

Edited by EricL