quan808

2007 Lexus GX470

63 posts in this topic

search for a LRD off road sticker  they look great on the truck 

Best truck I have ever drove on any beach, just let the air out of tires   you don't need 4x4 at all    

The all wheel drive is a beast ....  

I did change out the air bags. Best thing I did on the truck 

Lots of room to sleep in back on cot as well  enjoy it... Gas prices are the only problem ,,,you can thank sleepy Joe  for that ...fjb

Looks like clone of mine , I’ve put 135k on it since getting in 2019. Only repair was the alternator in all that time . 

90F14C4D-D8F2-4E02-B351-504D3CB83AF0.jpeg

Quan ,

storage space is limited in GX , and the rear cargo net is useless . Some ideas for a little storage in back . Rago cargo rack and some generic Jeep molle bins from Amazon.

3BCE32D1-6153-4C57-AD60-C188C1445022.jpeg

781DF64E-EFAE-4755-A568-538107DB7C6C.jpeg

175E614F-1B08-4AAF-B6E7-05D00D388573.jpeg

Yeah, it is tight, but we can make it work.

I bought a Yeti Load Box for emergency stuff and a Roadie cooler for food and drinks. Most of our hunting trips are only half day excursions so no need to pack too much.

Thanks for the back door storage ideas!

I have an 08...great vehicle.  I didnt see changing the timing belt on your list of upgrades.  Ir really needs to be changed ever 90-100K...and while you are at that, change the Waterpump.  My only complaint is the the high octane gas.

54 mins ago, Catch This said:

I have an 08...great vehicle.  I didnt see changing the timing belt on your list of upgrades.  Ir really needs to be changed ever 90-100K...and while you are at that, change the Waterpump.  My only complaint is the the high octane gas.

I listed it under the tune up. First things I had done.

Yeah, Super in Hawaii is $6-$7 a gallon. Luckily we will only be driving very short distances to the hunting lease.

I’ve never run premium gas either. I believe it’s one of the benefits of the VVTi is that it can handle lower octane gas. 

48 mins ago, connman said:

I’ve never run premium gas either. I believe it’s one of the benefits of the VVTi is that it can handle lower octane gas. 

The non VVTi's can also run 87, I have an '04 LC that runs fine on it.

Let us know how you like it when you've run it for a bit, what changes didn't work out and what other changes you wish you'd made.

23 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Let us know how you like it when you've run it for a bit, what changes didn't work out and what other changes you wish you'd made.

Will do Brian! I went down and dropped a load on the lift kit, tires, front and rear bumpers today. Now it's a waiting game until Christmas...