2007 Lexus GX470

quan808

My new beach/hunting buggy. Excited to get it ready for the hunting lease January 1st. 206,000 miles on the clock.

Some planned mods

complete tuneup and timing belt/water pump change

weather tech mats

camo seat covers

new brakes

new speakers

Ironman 4x4 front and rear off-road bumpers

winch

RCI skid plates

3” Bilstein lift kit

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires 285/70R17

maybe if I’m feeling good some decent rims

7458A652-F57E-4FF5-BF9F-E9418787BDC1.jpeg

EDFBE914-5807-4750-BD91-E13EB4049008.jpeg

E3865A7A-9395-479A-82A9-B4AC82C7B496.jpeg

Edited by quan808

2 hours ago, Panzon said:

Treat it right and you are set for life!

I spent 2 years looking for the right one and couldn’t find it.

congratulations, enjoy

I’ve been looking for a while now as well. I pulled the trigger because my friend has a couple in rotation. This one popped up, after I was able to drive his for a weekend. Now I have a lead on 2 others. A 2003 and a 2005, the 2003 needs a new tranny and an employee wants to sell the 2005. If I can get them cheap enough I will put them under my business for backups lol.

Congrats! Great vehicles. Good thing to do is to baseline it - change both diffs and transfer case oils as well as heater tee's.  

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

1 hour ago, ReyAztecaNY said:

I've been looking at these... any model year owners would recommend staying away from? 

2003-2009 was the same body type. I personally have not come across any particular year to stay away from. Cost is reasonable ranging from $7,000-$15,000(in Hawaii, should be cheaper in lower 48)depending on the mileage. I will definitely pick up a 2nd one as a daily driver down the road. Just what I need another mod project…

I think '05 and up had the VVTi and a nice increase in hp.

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

I have the red-headed step-child of the GX470.  2002 Sequoia with 268K.

Be sure to do an internal fluid film frame treatment as these frames like to rot from the inside-out.

Also, if you're planning to use this as a beach buggy, you may want to switch to steelie rims.  Toyota has trouble manufacturing a corrosion resistant alloy rim.  I've been through three sets already.

With 285s, you may run into rubbing issues with the tires hitting the upper control arms. Unless you run wheel spacers or off-set rims.  You should step up the height to 75s as it will give you a little more ground clearance along with the 3" lift.

Otherwise, very nice truck with lots of potential to build!

Vehicle.jpg

Edited by DEM Parking Lot

3 hours ago, DEM Parking Lot said:

I have the red-headed step-child of the GX470.  2002 Sequoia with 268K.

Be sure to do an internal fluid film frame treatment as these frames like to rot from the inside-out.

Also, if you're planning to use this as a beach buggy, you may want to switch to steelie rims.  Toyota has trouble manufacturing a corrosion resistant alloy rim.  I've been through three sets already.

With 285s, you may run into rubbing issues with the tires hitting the upper control arms. Unless you run wheel spacers or off-set rims.  You should step up the height to 75s as it will give you a little more ground clearance along with the 3" lift.

Otherwise, very nice truck with lots of potential to build!

Vehicle.jpg

Thanks for the advice on the rims and tires!

Nice buggy! Toyota/Lexus makes some classic looking beach/off-road rides.

If you take the time to rinse the wheels they'll last. My last 4runner I used for 6 yrs without issues.