Busanga

Which hand do you use to reel

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

I've always used left hand retrieve even with casting setups. It seems so odd to switch hands after casting to start a retrieve. That being said I am right handed but I'm sure the same could be said for lefty's. 

Left hand for everything (spin, fly conventional).  I want my dominate hand on the rod at all times.  Never made sense to me that with a conventional you switched it up.   Just wish more winches offered left hand retrieve.

I’m the only right handed person in my family of lefties. At a young age, I started surf fishing with my father’s rods and reels. I cranked both conventional and spinning with my right hand. I know it’s odd to be re-positioning hands after a cast, but I got used to it long ago. Trying to reel left handed just feels too awkward.

you have right handed hocky plaiers,some play right handed and some play left handed.

left handed do the same think.'

choping wood with big axe is sama way.

if you hold your right hand down on hocky stick .you play right handed,if you hold left hand down on hocky stick,you play left handed.

more right handed people play left handed then right handed.

i play right handed and reel left handed.

My spinning all are cranked with left hand.  I have a mix of conventional.  Fresh all crank with left hand. Surf mix.  Boat left for small but right for the bigs.   So basically what ever works for you.  No right answer.

I'm a lefty. I used to cast and reel with my left hand so I had to switch rod to my right hand to reel in. I stopped that years ago, now I cast with left and reel with right.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, carznfish said:

If you sit on your hand before you crank its like someone else is reeling your rod

Edited by Busanga