fishless

November 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,703 posts in this topic

I hope the guy in the bathing suit in the water finally caught.  I was rooting for ya. 

7 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

Haha good fishing with ya. 

@adobo5th gen redneck sir 

That fat guy was slowing me down

Hey sorry for the bomb cast and stealing that fish behind your lure. They just want mine more:p. When @adobo said redneck I was like that’s the kracka. Haha. But hey man enjoyed the chat/fishing on a short outing.

9 hours ago, JimK said:

Thanks for the heads up.. I finished the Honey-do list around 2 and they were right at the end of my street.. life is good

NP drove past your truck on the way out. 
went south……!

Happy Thanksgiving 

10 hours ago, Eeeeels said:

Small fish but plenty of them. Right in my own backyard. I love living 5 minutes from the beach!!!!!

Fished with some really cool people today. 

Eeeeels…….

9F1AA430-476A-4219-B172-14363C6CE433.jpeg

One more blitz and youd better check that thumb into the ER :naughty:

4 mins ago, GeoffT said:

After the cold snap and many days of hard west winds that kept from me using the kayak, I was finally able to get out in the back last night.  Honestly didn't think there would be any fish left in there. Quiet at first with just three shorts I made a, big move to where I was caught the jumbos a couple weeks ago, not expecting much. It was the right decision as I had action right away. Wound up with 9 bass 30-38" and dropped several others.  Water temp hovered around 48 but they fought hard and aggressively. 

20221123_203433.jpg

20221123_195430.jpg

That’s awesome

27 mins ago, ridenfish said:

Doesn't anyone use fish grips or a boga?

I started too because of the fingers getting ripped up haha. I think being in the moment and excited it just gets forgotten.

Used to get the thumb. Hand strength decreased (with age) so much that I won't land a fish w/o a grip anymore. When I had a good strong grip those trebles were always tickling my hand & wrist. Somehow I never got impaled.

One exception-at times I just shake them off with a pliers in the water if it's a simple hooking.

Kudos to you strong fishers with the strong hands.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ridenfish said:

Doesn't anyone use fish grips or a boga?

I’m old school and consider a chewed up thumb a badge of honor and also proof I actually caught fish :laugh:

Edited by GeoffT

Posted (edited)

33 mins ago, Gatr522 said:

Used to get the thumb. Hand strength decreased (with age) so much that I won't land a fish w/o a grip anymore. When I had a good strong grip those trebles were always tickling my hand & wrist. Somehow I never got impaled.

One exception-at times I just shake them off with a pliers in the water if it's a simple hooking.

Kudos to you strong fishers with the strong hands.

I wear a puncture-proof glove made by Lindy so I can lip grip without worrying about getting impaled.  I’m old too but I work out so still have enough thumb strength to grip with my hand, lol 

But I did have to use the lip gripper for the jumbos.  Their mouths were too big to hand grip plus they were thrashing around so didn’t want to take any chances having to lean down from the kayak to pull them up.  

Edited by GeoffT

1 min ago, GeoffT said:

I wear a puncture-proof glove made by Lindy so I can lip grip without worrying about getting impaled.  I’m old too but I work out so still have enough thumb strength to grip with my hand, lol 

I didn't even know there was such a product. I never had great hand strength but I lipped stripes for 15+ yrs. 

I have only kayaked in fresh water. Can't imagine getting impaled out there.

Even if you didn't work out otherwise you're always handling fish and yakking. A workout in itself.

If you are older-try to never pause too long as atrophy sets in quick. Had to take a few pauses myself just recently and the result is alarming.