fishless

November 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,703 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, Whortleberry said:

2:30am until 7 this morning. Snagged a few peanuts off the bar.. Couldn't stick around and wait for the fish to find them, had that dream sucking thing called work to get to. Blek!

Great to hear some had the fortune of hammering them yesterday!

Just a note; Came across 3 stripers in the 28" to 34" class washed up on the beach. Maybe single hooks on the plugs will help save a few?

So did i

20221114_203715.jpg

20221114_181735.jpg

Poor little peanuts :(  When there are day bights that you can't hit due to other commitments, be confident that the fish are hanging around at night. Night is not dark until 9:00, it's 10:00p- 2:00a. The fish seem to "rest" after day bites. A good tide coinciding certainly helps.  Hooked over 20 fish to 36" last night. Dress warm and be careful driving home.   

1 hour ago, jettyjmpr said:

So did i

20221114_203715.jpg

20221114_181735.jpg

Too be fair. it's hard to fish single hooks on poppers, I don't fish single hooks on belly on any plugs, that's just stupid to me.  Crushed barbs were a must.  With the amount of fish caught yesterday, it's inevitable that stripers will not all make it back.  It's the nature of the beast.  One inhaled a popper yesterday and was gilled, nothing I could do.  it happens.  My gear was properly sized to get the fish in as quick as possible. I could have downsized and had more 'fun' but that wasn't in the cards..

I didn't see anyone with a 7' and 2500 size rod, so that was good.  

Today from 10:00-1:00. Hit two spots in NoMoCo. Caught one at 25” and another bump on the SP.  Didn’t see much activity in the water or birds for that matter. Guessing the fish and birds were stuffed from yesterday.

With the amount of fish caught, I’m shocked there weren’t more floaters.
Also of all the participants, didn’t see a whole lot of fish kept… not as many as I would have expected

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Too be fair. it's hard to fish single hooks on poppers, I don't fish single hooks on belly on any plugs, that's just stupid to me.  Crushed barbs were a must.  With the amount of fish caught yesterday, it's inevitable that stripers will not all make it back.  It's the nature of the beast.  One inhaled a popper yesterday and was gilled, nothing I could do.  it happens.  My gear was properly sized to get the fish in as quick as possible. I could have downsized and had more 'fun' but that wasn't in the cards..

No criticism I was just saying I saw a dead bass

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

I also found a pair of dirty wet socks out there are they yours

46 mins ago, Goldy said:

After a bunch I just clip the belly trebles and make it a double or single. Then clip the back single. When there is that many it’s not the end of the world to miss a bunch. Trebles are a pain and get twisted up and mangle things. Helped an older guy who forgot his pliers unhook fish for a few hours. I took the liberty of making his double trebles into a double. He didn’t mind. He still caught plenty. 

33 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

With the amount of fish caught, I’m shocked there weren’t more floaters.
Also of all the participants, didn’t see a whole lot of fish kept… not as many as I would have expected

Agreed . . . figure there were about 50 guys/gals there and each C/R 30 fish  . . . that's 1500 fish at 10% mortality, 150 dead fish.  With that, too many holding larger fish out of the water dragging them way up onto the dry sand, unhooking and them, measuring and then dragging them to a buddy to get a picture taken (some of these fish were out of the water for 3-5 minutes).  Ridiculous. 

Kudos to one guy next to me, landed a nice one (44").  He left the fish at waters edge on wet sand, quick measurement, I took a few quick pictures with his phone, and then he released properly.  Had the fish out of the water no more than a minute.  Nice job if you're on here and good fish.

20 mins ago, jettyjmpr said:

Funny.  Nah mine were soaked.  Waders went in trash.   

15 mins ago, cartopper said:

Agreed . . . figure there were about 50 guys/gals there and each C/R 30 fish  . . . that's 1500 fish at 10% mortality, 150 dead fish.  With that, too many holding larger fish out of the water dragging them way up onto the dry sand, unhooking and them, measuring and then dragging them to a buddy to get a picture taken (some of these fish were out of the water for 3-5 minutes).  Ridiculous. 

Kudos to one guy next to me, landed a nice one (44").  He left the fish at waters edge on wet sand, quick measurement, I took a few quick pictures with his phone, and then he released properly.  Had the fish out of the water no more than a minute.  Nice job if you're on here and good fish.

Nice job on whoever released 44” safely. 

yah the picture crew was interesting.  My buddy said one guy was walking each fish way up and play with each one. 

also tip 

single hook on swimmer equal weight on back with solder

B2D742B1-9A18-4BCF-95AF-C9E3D95E1D0D.jpeg

as opposed to double belly

F8EF67A6-BB2E-4CC8-B281-EFFFADB10F1C.jpeg

Edited by Goldy

42 mins ago, jettyjmpr said:

Were you the guy I was talking to last night? Only 2 guys on the beach? 

33 mins ago, cartopper said:

Guys walking back to the dunes to drag a short onto dry sand baffles me.

same with hero shots with those same sand battered shorts… your in a blitz, get the fish back in the water and get back to catching. 

good on the guy to get a quick release on a 44”er, vast majority of “elitists” would still be there to get the perfect pic.. 

22 mins ago, Goldy said:

Nice job on whoever released 44” safely. 

yah the picture crew was interesting.  My buddy said one guy was walking each fish way up and play with each one. 

also tip 

single hook on swimmer equal weight on back with solder

B2D742B1-9A18-4BCF-95AF-C9E3D95E1D0D.jpeg

as opposed to double belly

F8EF67A6-BB2E-4CC8-B281-EFFFADB10F1C.jpeg

Those little Dannie’s are trash, I’ll throw them in the wood chipper for you…