fishless

November 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,522 posts in this topic

Another beautiful day, whales putting on a show, bunker pods 1/2 mile out Other than whales nothing on them The fleet built quickly, all gone after an hour which tells me they were not marking anything 

not a bump for me yet but the quest for OPF continues 

@suntzu

All my love…
You're ghostin' us, mofo.  
I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet.  Leave ya here.  Got that!!!!

RC

C28F0B9F-6070-4A2A-9A10-BE7A877F6DAC.jpeg.c78d6089f4c7a54b19b522fcbafd8529.jpeg

Skunk continues.  Rat fish don’t count.

2 hours ago, jetty eddy said:

I was just looking at my old logs and saw that in 1997 the year Manasquan beach and north was pumped with sand. I caught like 350 bass with 5 keepers. Most were between 16 and 20". A bar built up that you could walk out to with the water just about overflowing your waders.Once you were out there it was game on. Most of the guys I fished with are long gone now but forever in my heart.Pompano ron,marty the grump, charlie the gimp, oscar the grouch plus more.I wish I could truly turn back the clock this weekend.

I remember that year and we had a similar bar off of Lavallette...... you had to watch walking out to it as the trough was rather deep.  I always carried a broom handle on a rope to feel my way out.  Yep we would get to the outer bar and it was game on.  Fish almost every cast with allot of school size with a few big guys in the mix  also a gator blue as well.  Kinda like the box of chocolates.....I loved it as I got to use some home brew lures.  Funny but they seemed to like them better at times.  I think that bass like a change of lures.  They get use to seeing the same old things tossed in front of them day after day.  

Posted (edited)

Part two After listening to @Goldy and staying local early which was a big mistake I fired up a cigar and drove north until the ash hit the wrapper then stopped Fished not every town but most heading back south and landed two jumbo 18” fish for all my efforts No bait other than off shore bunker, wind laid down in the afternoon bright sunshine and a more modest swell Participation low, mostly bucket boys here and there except for my home beach where there are currently 9 people fishing. They must think there is subterfuge afoot & I am hiding a hot bite - not so as for me to drive it must be really bad here - which they are in the process of learning themselves 

gonna be a really nice night for pencils & darters

somebody give me hope for tomorrow 

Edited by suntzu

Posted (edited)

Started the day working jetties and rips from * working south *. Falling tide seemed to keep the bait (and thus the bass) out past the bars. Not a tap. Continued south with a trek to the Advanced Fishing shop to pick up a gorgeous new rod, and then turned around to head home. 

* After a slippery crawl *, it was game on. They were pissed off and fought well. Most casts at least had a strike, with 3 fish landed on the jetty in the 30"-35" range. Multiple times i would see 6 or 7 bass chasing the plugs right to the jetty. A fourth dove under the rocks and broke off my scabelly metal lip, hearbreaking. 20 minutes later it was over.

All in all, quite the day.

Edited by TimS
Please don’t post overly specific information here - it’s considered spot burning - thanks

12 mins ago, KrocFoot said:

Loved the story! But clearly this was one of those throw off reports!!

A little wordy but it was a long day and I felt like sharing

Posted (edited)

14 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

@Jefffahfffahany other towns you wanna mention? 

sheesh, tough crowd. it's not like the open beach out front is a secret. Let me change my post to satisfy the masses.

edit- mods beat me to it, wasn't aware that was considered spot burning... my bad

Edited by Jefffahfffah
was unclear on the rules

7 hours ago, RiverCommando215 said:

@suntzu

All my love…
You're ghostin' us, mofo.  
I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet.  Leave ya here.  Got that!!!!

RC

C28F0B9F-6070-4A2A-9A10-BE7A877F6DAC.jpeg.c78d6089f4c7a54b19b522fcbafd8529.jpeg

Skunk continues.  Rat fish don’t count.

best part of that flic  LOL  ...never thought how it related to "spots"  

1 hour ago, Jefffahfffah said:

sheesh, tough crowd. it's not like the open beach out front is a secret. Let me change my post to satisfy the masses.

edit- mods beat me to it, wasn't aware that was considered spot burning... my bad

:; hate the game not the player :)

2 hours ago, suntzu said:

:; hate the game not the player :)

next time say the bass are stacked up in Oyster creek or kettle creek....lol.   you could see the birds working the massive schools of bunker being attacked by 50 lbs bass from the parkway.  Just don't give the exit number....lol

5 hours ago, bill_1109 said:

best part of that flic  LOL  ...never thought how it related to "spots"  

I was just busting his stones.  If we are all serious enough you tend to fish the whole state anyways.  Predator is basically running on repeat in my brain so that’s the context.  Skunked hard tonight.  I really enjoyed it.  At times suffering is the best way to appreciate lights out nights.  
RC

59 mins ago, RiverCommando215 said:

I was just busting his stones.  If we are all serious enough you tend to fish the whole state anyways.  Predator is basically running on repeat in my brain so that’s the context.  Skunked hard tonight.  I really enjoyed it.  At times suffering is the best way to appreciate lights out nights.  
RC

If it were easy it wouldn’t be fun