fishless

November 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,703 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Fish were caught last night.small profile black hard plastics.. Out back

Edit - Leave specific spots out please ~ Sudsy 

Edited by Sudsy

Couldn’t of had any better conditions at sun down, went back to where the bait and fish were yesterday and nothing.  I was due for a skunk. Just a gorgeous night to be out. 

which one of you maniacs left this behind? 

09363998-7D94-4301-85E9-101BDD89CB44.jpeg

Hit NMC 3-6pm. Lots of bait and fish on them would pop up but out of reach.  Came in once after boat went through them, idiot, but thank you! Came in right in front of 3 of us, I got 32", 2 other guys were bigger. by the time we unhooked and released, they were gone. Bait stayed in area but well out of reach.  Fun watching bait and fish pop up, move around, then pop up again , gets the adrenaline going! 

10 hours ago, EricDice said:

Do you go out into an E or NE wind & decent swell with your “finesse/buggin” combo? Do you walk to the car & grab it then walk back? 

Instead of walking to the car I stash the rake in the dunes where homeless people sleep for the night. True story. Personally I don't fish the fleas when it's too rough but there are others that do.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, JimK said:

Fish were caught last night.small profile black hard plastics.. Out back

Edit - Leave specific spots out please ~ Sudsy 

Lol.. I didn't even fish last night.. just a red flag operation to get a reaction out of Suntzu.. after all it is combat fishing in NJ, ahh The Art Of War..sorry for the inconvenience Sudsy:howdy:

Edited by JimK

On 11/1/2022 at 0:32 PM, plt391 said:

Found one this morning swimming alone 

146674BC-9F06-45A3-9FE6-99C221AE524B.jpeg

Dude nice catch! 

congrats- it’s official you’re the first to catch on SOL!  good way to start The month!! 

Is that a glider that you caught on?? 
-gill 

October sucked for me but solid start to November. Got into’em last night. Top water at last light and needles in the dark.

54C4881F-B7F8-4D37-98A5-3CD4E8E8CC04.png

I was just looking at my old logs and saw that in 1997 the year Manasquan beach and north was pumped with sand. I caught like 350 bass with 5 keepers. Most were between 16 and 20". A bar built up that you could walk out to with the water just about overflowing your waders.Once you were out there it was game on. Most of the guys I fished with are long gone now but forever in my heart.Pompano ron,marty the grump, charlie the gimp, oscar the grouch plus more.I wish I could truly turn back the clock this weekend.

October was not kind to me. November 1, WAYYY out back. Nice ole' 30 incher. Good start to the month and better to feel the line go tight again!