fishless

November 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,521 posts in this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

Bud got one 30" in the back NoMoCo on a top water. I had one hit first time out in weeks had cataracts taken care of and improved my eczema on my hands. 

Went way south of the boarder this morning and covered a whole lot of coastline as I made my way north.  Great looking conditions but couldn't find anything that was interested in what I was presenting.  Closest I came to anything that was swimming was a sand dial that got pushed up the wash line.  Not a great start to November.

Halloween: Had to work down in OC so was able to get before and after outings in. Not that it mattered. Great looking water and that’s it.

This AM went north. End of outgoing, light S wind. Nada.

Ended and began the months weak and stinky. 

1 hour ago, plt391 said:

Found one this morning swimming alone 

146674BC-9F06-45A3-9FE6-99C221AE524B.jpeg

That one lone fish sure got lost this morning.

Posted (edited)

Half time report Fished every town in Monmouth County from the Hook south. 9 hours. As perfect a Fall fishing day as you could draw up; perfect water temp, clouds until later in the day, light west wind, big swell pushing clear clean water with lots of great current 

water at north beach was 5 degrees colder then in Squan

Let’s hope for sandeels as other than pods of bunker about a mile off shore from Long Branch south - no forage visible 

outside of Asbury Park and Spring Lake, very little participation Folks fishing in those towns I assume because the boats on bunker off shore

ended up with 14 bass, none over 26 inches. caught on white paddle tail & white bucktails w/ #50 red uncle josh Pretty poor All resident fish doing resident fish things 

Big surfing day Swell is dynamic 

getting some work done then local inside after dark

tomorrow is another day Where would you like a report from? 

Edit - Leave specific spots out please ~ Sudsy 

Edited by Sudsy

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, suntzu said:

Half time report Fished every town in Monmouth County from the Hook south. 9 hours. As perfect a Fall fishing day as you could draw up; perfect water temp, clouds until later in the day, light west wind, big swell pushing clear clean water with lots of great current 

Let’s hope for sandeels as other than pods of bunker about a mile off shore from Long Branch south - no forage visible 

outside of Asbury Park and Spring Lake, very little participation Folks fishing in those towns I assume because the boats on bunker off shore

ended up with 14 bass, none over 26 inches. caught on white paddle tail & white bucktails w/ #50 red uncle josh Pretty poor All resident fish doing resident fish things 

Great report...thanks! How bout next we do a report from MI to BI....jk. Resident fish doing resident things...well stated. The surf is loaded with giant sand fleas. Spoke to a old sharpie the other night and he said one of the slots he harvested was loaded with them. I bet if one was inclined they could do better fishing them instead of artificials out front. The bait is cruising along past the outer bar with nothing to hold them. I thought recent NE blows would bring things in tight. That didn't happen as Jim pointed out.

Edited by Sudsy

Managed to make the "walk" and fished one point and had to bypass the other due to dredging- then walked and cast all the way south back to lot this late afternoon- Conditions near perfect for a fly rod- Sadly the fish did not agree.  Saw a single fish from the other participants. 

4 hours ago, adams54 said:

Great report...thanks! How bout next we do a report from MI to BI....jk. Resident fish doing resident things...well stated. The surf is loaded with giant sand fleas. Spoke to a old sharpie the other night and he said one of the slots he harvested was loaded with them. I bet if one was inclined they could do better fishing them instead of artificials out front. The bait is cruising along past the outer bar with nothing to hold them. I thought recent NE blows would bring things in tight. That didn't happen as Jim pointed out.

I brought my buggin “rake” last Sunday. And I saw the carcasses or sheds. But the water was big & rough for digging & floating small bait. 

(To Adams or anyone else)

Do you go out into an E or NE wind & decent swell with your “finesse/buggin” combo? Do you walk to the car & grab it then walk back? 

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, suntzu said:

TLC said it best.  
“Don’t go chasing waterfalls.  Stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re  used to.”

South side is yours, but remember the north is mine.  You were the guy casting his Bucktail in the Parking lot right?lol

Hire @Goldy next time for a charter.  I hear he is like Arby’s.  

He has the meats!!!

RC

Edited by Sudsy