dannyplug1

SMALL SIZE BEACHMASTER DANNY

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, VanStaalSteve said:

If Bobby verified the yellow metal lip as a bootleg than it's a bootleg but it's a smaller version of the original Pichney bootleg. It is, however, a spitting image of Pichney's small danny.  I used both the BM and Pichney many times and they pretty much fish the same. Photo is of BM and Pichney small and peanut dannys for info. 

Morning Steve, yes, I also verified it was a bootleg. They are so close in size.

Posted (edited)

7 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

Morning Steve, yes, I also verified it was a bootleg. They are so close in size.

Morning, Btw, the BM small Bootleg is a super plug. I have another yellow one that looks like it got run over by a car because it has caught so may bass and blues over the years. This yellow Bootleg was one of my first BM plugs and I got it many years ago. I don't know for certain but I don't think Bobby made too many of them? I have only seen a couple over the years. I wish he would do another run.

Edited by VanStaalSteve

44 mins ago, VanStaalSteve said:

If Bobby verified the yellow metal lip as a bootleg than it's a bootleg but it's a smaller version of the original Pichney bootleg. It is, however, a spitting image of Pichney's small danny.  I used both the BM and Pichney many times and they pretty much fish the same. Photo is of BM and Pichney small and peanut dannys for info. 

BCEBD5CD-B2C2-40CC-AD7B-2F4B40DEA96A.jpeg

1DA60264-7E70-4AA2-AD6F-06D7FCB43B86.jpeg

Yes he did Steve

35 mins ago, VanStaalSteve said:

Morning, Btw, the BM small Bootleg is a super plug. I have another yellow one that looks like it got run over by a car because it has caught so may bass and blues over the years. This yellow Bootleg was one of my first BM plugs and I got it many years ago. I don't know for certain but I don't think Bobby made too many of them? I have only seen a couple over the years. I wish he would do another run.

It sure is a cool plug. He did say, that he didn't do many of them. If you could post a pic of that beater, would be cool to see. Below freezing in Sanford this morning, lol..

Just now, 7 Rivers said:

It sure is a cool plug. He did say, that he didn't do many of them. If you could post a pic of that beater, would be cool to see. Below freezing in Sanford this morning, lol..

Any snow yet?

9 hours ago, t_man7 said:

B-each

M-aster

S-choolie

Acronym

That is not a bootleg, it is about 5inches I have one in black.

9 hours ago, jckcrr said:

This clears it up for me, the swimmer is also called the schoolie it seems...

Maybe not,lol. If I recall, we had this discussion  in the bm thread. I thought, windknot, posted a picture of a schoolie and a swimmer a while back. They were a little different in size..

1 min ago, 7 Rivers said:

Maybe not,lol. If I recall, we had this discussion  in the bm thread. I thought, windknot, posted a picture of a schoolie and a swimmer a while back. They were a little different in size..

Now you're confusing me again....lol

Here is a small lil guy, very old, look how much smaller it is than the newer run. The bootleg is in there for scale.

20221103_083618.jpg

20221103_083715.jpg

20221103_083723.jpg

20221103_083846.jpg

20221103_083850.jpg

24 mins ago, jckcrr said:

Here you go, same size but he dropped a hook....

20210513_200959-1.jpg

Looks like the lip slot was raised higher in the new one