dannyplug1

SMALL SIZE BEACHMASTER DANNY

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

Been fishing a medium size dany and hitting some good fish.  Wanted to fish a smaller Danny than the six-inch beachmaster.  I looked at my plug stash and couldn't find a beachmaster Danny smaller than the six inch I have been using.  Did Bobby ever make a small Danny.  I have a plug called a schoolie that looks similar but is deffinatly not a Danny.  Want to find out if a small beachmaster Danny exists before I look like a fool by placing a want to buy for an item that does not exist.

1 hour ago, liambrouillette said:

@t_man7 informed me that the BM lil guy is actually a Danny 

I have a beachmaster plug which i thought was called a schoolie, is that the same as a little guy?  also, if you have time and are not goofing off at work like me could you post a picture?

Beachmaster made one run that i know of of 5 inch surface swimmers(Dannys) i believe around 93 or 94 when i got the few i had.Might be easier to find a 5 inch Pichney. Dave Anderson(Surf asylum) made copys of 5 inch Dannys also, they fished well have not seen any for sale in couple years. CCW made a 5 inch (Danny) that fished pretty good for me to, seem to be crazy money now 

37 mins ago, dannyplug1 said:

I have a beachmaster plug which i thought was called a schoolie, is that the same as a little guy?  also, if you have time and are not goofing off at work like me could you post a picture?

I don't have any on me at the moment unfortunately but I'm sure you could find some pictures by searching here on this site 

Donny makes a killer spin atom if you would consider going that route. The round headed atom series gave me everything I ever wanted in the ML category. I fished a ton of others that were all very good in their own right but the Atoms were all special catchers to me. 

7 hours ago, dannyplug1 said:

Lil guy is a smaller Danny.  Schoolie is a different plug.  Shouldn't be too hard to locate one in the BST.

1 hour ago, dannyplug1 said:

What’s the name of these plugs?  Schoolie or little guy?

6B39607B-0D4C-416A-BC1C-62D0BC04DCB7.jpeg

Those are Lil Guys , as much as I like the 6” BM Danny I’m not the biggest fan of the Lil Guys for a smaller model . I find them to roll out easily. I much rather a Tattoo small Danny . 
I’ll attach some pics later for size comparison 

Posted (edited)

Couple of shots for comparison 

BM large Danny, 6” Danny, Lil Guy , Tattoo 1oz surface swimmer Danny and 5/8oz surface swimmer, 

5D89CF6F-87B8-4BCD-A3FD-954081C4B1C0.jpeg

BC Danny, LilGuy, Surf Asylum(clone of small Danny P , Tattoo.

1943284D-A0C4-44F3-903C-D443C6D72C82.jpeg

Edited by connman

Posted (edited)

30 mins ago, connman said:

Couple of shots for comparison 

BM large Danny, 6” Danny, Lil Guy , Tattoo 1oz surface swimmer Danny and 5/8oz surface swimmer, 

5D89CF6F-87B8-4BCD-A3FD-954081C4B1C0.jpeg

BC Danny, LilGuy, Surf Asylum(clone of small Danny P , Tattoo.

1943284D-A0C4-44F3-903C-D443C6D72C82.jpeg

That Tattoo 1 oz. Surface Swimmer is NICE !!!

Edited by yogiiiboy