Stryper Snyper

2023 DE tags

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Anyone attend the meeting between DMS and the parks?  They were discussing the plans for next years tags since it was such a total chit show this year.

Didn't attend the meeting...  Heard a rumor a while back that the cap will be lifted for next year's tags. Anyone?

On 11/2/2022 at 3:22 PM, Stryper Snyper said:

Pay for tag.   Pay for reservations.  Are they limiting reservations?

:laugh: yes.  That's why you need a reservation.

But if you are on the beach before 8am it's not gonna matter because they are gonna police it.

46 mins ago, DerrickT said:

:laugh: yes.  That's why you need a reservation.

But if you are on the beach before 8am it's not gonna matter because they are gonna police it.

I understand.  What's the number?  And they don't police anything.  So what will the fine be?

Posted (edited)

15 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

I understand.  What's the number?  And they don't police anything.  So what will the fine be?

I dont think they released numbers yet.

But you will need your reservation receipt to enter.

Now, where this causes problems are places like henelopen because people who have surf permits may not be accessible g the park to drive out on the beach.

This is going to completely implode, they have absolutely no idea what they are doing and are just going to wing it.

And that shoukd have said they aren't going to police it.  So whatever cars are thru the gate before 8 are staying 

Edited by DerrickT

1 min ago, DerrickT said:

I dont think they released numbers yet.

But you will need your reservation receipt to enter.

Now, where this causes problems are places like henelopen because people who have surf permits may not be accessible g the park to drive out on the beach.

This is going to completely implode, they have absolutely no idea what they are doing and are just going to wing it

Yup.    Last year was a fuster cluck.  This will make it look like a cake walk.  

5 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Money grab.  

They are going to make a ton off the unlimited permits and nobody going on vacation is going to be able to use them to get out on the beach

On 11/4/2022 at 7:35 PM, Stryper Snyper said:

Yep.  Thinking about going south.

I have for the last 6 or 7 years.  Thank God my parents decided to retire and by a place across the bay from Chincoteague and not back to Delaware were we had our place in the early 2000's.

1 min ago, DerrickT said:

I have for the last 6 or 7 years.  Thank God my parents decided to retire and by a place across the bay from Chincoteague and not back to Delaware were we had our place in the early 2000's.

Tough for me to leave were I grew up.  

On 11/6/2022 at 10:55 AM, DerrickT said:

are they in the cove too? my parents are building there and I bought a lot then had twins that put my house on hold

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, aguyinde said:

are they in the cove too? my parents are building there and I bought a lot then had twins that put my house on hold

Greenbackville.  They bought a foreclosure for a 1/4 of the price of anything in the cove.  Bank just wanted what was owed.

Even the rancher my sister just bought in Horntown was only like $125,000.

Aren't a few of rhe people on the board there being investigated?

Edited by DerrickT