Show and tell again. Newer daiwa jdm gripper and pliers to play with.

Rate this topic

EricL

As someone who likes to try new toys.

I got a new gripper and pliers to play with this season (when i get a chance to go fish, yes, laugh it off)

Alot lighter than my bogas, doesnt have a scale but dont need it anyways most of the time. Skeletonized aluminum and hard plastic inners for weight savings and corrosion resistance.  Jaws open up to like 1.5" with a nice easy trigger pull.

Not going to replace my bogas but a nice alternative.

Pliers are stainless core with carbon fiber grips.  Split ring tips are forked so should make changing stuff easier.

20221017_184012.jpg

20221017_184121.jpg

20221017_184207.jpg

20221017_184322.jpg

20221017_184343.jpg

20221017_184418.jpg

Edited by EricL

haters will always hate. trolls will always troll. its how the internet works.

12 mins ago, EricL said:

I got a new gripper and pliers to play with this season (when i get a chance to go fish, yes, laugh it off)

Alot lighter than my bogas, doesnt have a scale but dont need it anyways most of the time. Skeletonized aluminum and hard plastic inners for weight savings and corrosion resistance.  Jaws open up to like 1.5" with a nice easy trigger pull.

Pliers are stainless core with carbon fiber grips.  Split ring tips are forked so should make changing stuff easier.

20221017_184012.jpg

20221017_184121.jpg

20221017_184207.jpg

20221017_184322.jpg

20221017_184343.jpg

20221017_184418.jpg

Cool. JDM or US?

1 hour ago, BigWaterJ said:

Looks good, how robust do those pliers feel? 

Good and solid. Nice length too if i need to do a random dehook.

The US market daiwa or shimano doesnt have all the fun stuff they have overseas.  From tackle boxes/bags to coolers, gadgets, or clothing.  :) quite sad really.

2 hours ago, EricL said:

The US market daiwa or shimano doesnt have all the fun stuff they have overseas.  From tackle boxes/bags to coolers, gadgets, or clothing.  :) quite sad really.

Yeah, that’s something I noticed too. (Poking around Asian portal and digitaka etc.)

Have you tried the tackle organization stuff like the bags & boxes?

There’s some cool looking stuff - at really reasonable prices - on the jdm sites but they all seem to have dimensions too small for East Coast striper plugs/lures/jigs. And I don’t think I’ve seen JDM bags or pouches with belt loops.

A jig bag or wallet with slots would be great even just to organize my stuff - but throw some belt loops on there and it could be a real nice option. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/17/2022 at 6:58 PM, EricL said:

20221017_184012.jpg

20221017_184121.jpg

20221017_184207.jpg

20221017_184322.jpg

20221017_184343.jpg

20221017_184418.jpg

I'm looking for another trigger style gripper, as my old one is getting weak.  I looked around and saw Daiwa V series grippers.  Do you know anything about those, like same materials and whatnot?  The trigger mechanism is a little different than these ST series.  Also looked at some on ebay from a company called Tunala, which are like a foldable 2 sizes in one.  Just curious if you ran into those in your search for grippers?

On 2/24/2024 at 5:32 PM, Skunkoff said:

I'm looking for another trigger style gripper, as my old one is getting weak.  I looked around and saw Daiwa V series grippers.  Do you know anything about those, like same materials and whatnot?  The trigger mechanism is a little different than these ST series.  Also looked at some on ebay from a company called Tunala, which are like a foldable 2 sizes in one.  Just curious if you ran into those in your search for grippers?

The Vs style or similar are nice for chest mounts like on wader or backpack straps. And only if your reach is close enough.  But it’s thumb operated so not a true trigger grip.

Otherwise the folding types can help your reach a little more.  Almost all the jdm grippers are stainless interiors cladded aluminum for weight savings. 

another good alternative is shimanos trigger grip.  Scale or not scale.  Ue-301t and ue-302t. I’d considered them before I got my evergreen grips.  The 302t is what a think is the best true pistol grip trigger style. 

5CE595E5-F670-45BD-B20D-606055225921.jpeg

C4250C3D-F888-4667-BBB8-13E7128F6278.jpeg

18 hours ago, EricL said:

The Vs style or similar are nice for chest mounts like on wader or backpack straps. And only if your reach is close enough.  But it’s thumb operated so not a true trigger grip.

Otherwise the folding types can help your reach a little more.  Almost all the jdm grippers are stainless interiors cladded aluminum for weight savings. 

another good alternative is shimanos trigger grip.  Scale or not scale.  Ue-301t and ue-302t. I’d considered them before I got my evergreen grips.  The 302t is what a think is the best true pistol grip trigger style. 

5CE595E5-F670-45BD-B20D-606055225921.jpeg

C4250C3D-F888-4667-BBB8-13E7128F6278.jpeg

Looks like something that would get you shot by a game warden.

They are wearing body armor with an ar mag in the front pocket at my local,......because it's pretty obvious licensing is one of the gravest issues in the world right now.

lol

Edited by drumbum
syntax

4 hours ago, drumbum said:

Looks like something that would get you shot by a game warden.

They are wearing body armor with an ar mag in the front pocket at my local,......because it's pretty obvious licensing is one of the gravest issues in the world right now.

lol

It actually works very well.