Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J

Race point OverSand permits

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

For some reason.... hmmmm what could that be??? My post on the Massachusetts forum was deleted.

Permits selling like crazy and the town police were turning people away. Backed up to route 6!!!! 800 to 1000 vehicles showed up.

If you planned on getting one better do it soon.

No way they will not sell out in a couple days.

Now back to why it was deleted.... why?????

onmywayout.jpg

This was the look I got leaving...

The Visitors Center is behind me and I have Beach Forest coming up.

It backed up to Route 6 and the Road from Herring cove was also backed up.

Parking lots at Race point, the Visitors Center and Herring Cove were all filled to capacity.

Honestly, do yourself a favor and stay home and plan on the 7 day passes.

Yesterday was a joke. Its too bad because a lot of people left with a bad taste in their mouth about the whole situation. Their was a truck in front of me with N.J. tags that was told by the ranger to come back on Monday. Thats a long ride to re-make from Jersey. They should have never started selling the permits on a weekend. They cant and wont ever be able to handle the volume they had show up yesterday. What a mess yesterday was for a large population of the people who went there.

Maybe next year they will become enlightened and send out renewals in the mail and then from the response from those make up the difference to get to 3200 permits. Why didn'y they give out vouchers to those in line who followed the their rules just to be told to turn around. If you were car 2000 yesterday you should have received a voucher for the pass instead of being given directives to leave and come back.

opening day should be on a weekday; so locals can weed out the out-of-staters, and have first dibs. you know, if you peel off an old sticker, download it....you could edit it to look just like a new year wink.gif

You are absolutely correct. Next year it will have to change. The 10th falls on a Sunday and I heard many people talk about coming up on the Wednesday before. I'll bet the town will have a say in it as well. Certainly safety was impaired with all the roads jammed up tight.

They opened at 7:00, 2 hours early and stayed open until 10:00pm! That is not the old seashore management we were used too. They deserve a pat on the back for effort. Too bad they under estimated the response. I was told 1st hand they expected 300 like last year. They failed to take into account the weekend opening and how everyone last year vowed to come the first day.

The line was closed at 4:00 and no one was allowed in after that. I was told by one guy who got his pass at 4:00 that they were going to attempt to stay open until 10:00 to finish all the people in line. Did that happen?

My rough estimate so far would indicate about 600 permits sold. Can anyone verify the late sales?

I may be back up there on the 15th when it opens. Wonder if they will all be gone by then...

Telephone recording at RP has not changed. I hope they update it soon.

Can you say "lottery next year"? Pure speculation of course, but something has to change.

Sure does sound like a mess. You have to assume they'll learn at least some from this year and plan accordingly for next, and a weekday at that. As for a lottery, Id hope only if the permits are non-transferable. Hate to see a situation where they become like black market items after being auctioned , or like scalped red sox tickets.

i got their this morning at 3:45 this morning, after being turned away at noon yesterday,i think my sticker was 560, it took about an hour for the 60 or so people in front of me to get processed.i have to give credit for the service for opening at seven,and having staff there around the clock to keep things moving smoothly thru the morning.