nfnDrum

Korker River Ops BOA

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just got my first pair of Korker boots in the mail. Followed the sizing direction, Thee seem comfortable but have allot of extra room. Do these boots break in allot? Should I down size and expect break in? Any feed back on this model and I guess new BOA design. 

Edited by nfnDrum

Extra room, in the toe or the sides?

If it is in the sides you will appreciate it when it’s cold out and you wear extra socks.

I have Devil’s Canyon in size 11 while I wear a 10.5. Don’t feel there is extra room

12 mins ago, LowEnd said:

Extra room, in the toe or the sides?

If it is in the sides you will appreciate it when it’s cold out and you wear extra socks.

I have Devil’s Canyon in size 11 while I wear a 10.5. Don’t feel there is extra room

allot of toe box sides are relatively comfortable .. I wear a 10 shoe ordered 11 feel like they are made for wide feet

You planning to use them in the surf/salt?  I would be worried about using BOA’s in that situation seems like a recipe for disaster once some salt and sand gets in there.

I have BOA’s on my snowboard boots and they’re fine for that but actually prefer laces. Just hard to find snowboard boots without them these days. Hope the wading boots don’t all trend that way. 

I have the lace version, but I do find the toebox quite roomy on them, with a more narrow heel with great heel lock. Super comfortable, went exactly by the chart and they fit spot on (one size up from street). 

32 mins ago, Fiddlehead said:

You planning to use them in the surf/salt?  I would be worried about using BOA’s in that situation seems like a recipe for disaster once some salt and sand gets in there.

I have BOA’s on my snowboard boots and they’re fine for that but actually prefer laces. Just hard to find snowboard boots without them these days. Hope the wading boots don’t all trend that way. 

These wont be an open beach boot Montauk rocks and  trout stream I'm trying to hunt down light weight boot waders for mud and sand beaches 

I used the River Ops with laces for about a month. They are very stiff, almost too stiff. I switched to the Devil Canyon with BOA. IMO the DC are a much better boot compared to the RO. They are lighter and much more comfortable. I use them mainly in the rocks but also in the surf. If you clean the BOA every other trip they are fine. I did have the wire start to shread after a bit, but they sell a kit to replace everything $25 for 2 kits. I've had the Buckskin, Terror Ridger, DC and RO. The RO were my least favorite. For some reason they caused alot of pain on my ankle bone.

10 mins ago, BDigital said:

I used the River Ops with laces for about a month. They are very stiff, almost too stiff. I switched to the Devil Canyon with BOA. IMO the DC are a much better boot compared to the RO. They are lighter and much more comfortable. I use them mainly in the rocks but also in the surf. If you clean the BOA every other trip they are fine. I did have the wire start to shread after a bit, but they sell a kit to replace everything $25 for 2 kits. I've had the Buckskin, Terror Ridger, DC and RO. The RO were my least favorite. For some reason they caused alot of pain on my ankle bone.

what size compared to normal shoe? 

I wear a 9.5-10 shoe and I wear size 10 korkers with 3mm booties. Fit is perfect. 

9 mins ago, BDigital said:

I wear a 9.5-10 shoe and I wear size 10 korkers with 3mm booties. Fit is perfect. 

Thanx, Im in between a 9.5 and 10 myself and these Korker 11s feel huge. I ordered a size 10 Devils to try out the 11s will be going back to korkers. 

I will say the sole choices suck for for rock hoppers I need rubber for walking a carbide spikes I have no need for the other ****. Disappointed only one model comes with vibram. 

The triple threat soles are great. Pricey but well worth it. There are multiple combinations. I use carbides in mine. I have a graveyard of useless korkers soles. I found that the vibram suck too. Very slippery. 

40 mins ago, BDigital said:

The triple threat soles are great. Pricey but well worth it. There are multiple combinations. I use carbides in mine. I have a graveyard of useless korkers soles. I found that the vibram suck too. Very slippery. 

So for walking the shore rock vibram with studs good? or the standard rubber with studs, studs for hitting the bolders and rock

I only use the triple threat soles with carbide spikes. I use them rock hopping and beach walking. I tried the vibram without studs and they were junk. I haven't tried the ones with studs but I know guys who have and they immediately switched to the triple threat soles. 

8 hours ago, Fiddlehead said:

Been using the BOA system on the beach without a problem. Rinse after use keeps sand from building up.

My current pair of DC’s is on it’s second season and I just had to replace a frayed wire. Never a issue with tightening or opening them.

Salt is a problem on the cogs and the screws  as they get rusty. Took me awhile yesterday to get my boot apart for the replacement kit.

3 hours ago, LowEnd said:

Been using the BOA system on the beach without a problem. Rinse after use keeps sand from building up.

My current pair of DC’s is on it’s second season and I just had to replace a frayed wire. Never a issue with tightening or opening them.

Salt is a problem on the cogs and the screws  as they get rusty. Took me awhile yesterday to get my boot apart for the replacement kit.

Sounds like a simple fix by just using marine stainless hardware. its annoying when companies skimp on small details.