Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew C.

VS 200 weight...

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Any one have an accurate weight on the vs 200? I don't believe the 18oz weight that they say it is. I have one but I really don't feel like cutting/untaping it in order to find out. Thanks

from their site.....

VS200 SPECIFICATIONS:

Line Capacity: 400 yds./15 pound

Gear Ratio: 4.25:1

Weight: 18.0 oz.

Frame/Spool: 6061-T6 Aluminum

Spool Diameter: 2.50"

Drag System: Front

Line Retrieve: 32.0 inches-per-turn

it weighs less than my penn 460 slammer 19oz

You state you have one. Others here are offering weights from information they looked up for you. You don't believe the weight the vendor is supplying.

Cut the friggen thing off the rod and weigh it.

I have one but I'm not unrigging it to weigh it now. If you can wait until I'm done fishing I'll weigh it for you then. Do you want it with or without line?

When I had a VS200 (before I sold it) I weighed it loaded with mono backing & 50 Lb Power Pro and I believe it weighed about 23 ounces or so. I think others on this Board have posted that their VS250's weighed 24.4 ounces loaded with line.

You state you have one. Others here are offering weights from information they looked up for you. You don't believe the weight the vendor is supplying.

I have one but I'm not unrigging it to weigh it now. If you can wait until I'm done fishing I'll weigh it for you then. Do you want it with or without line?

Cut the friggin thing off? - thanks for the response I appreciate your helpfulness... If you read the first post you'd see that I got the weight off their site already. I don't believe it. Reel manuf's have been known to be off on their weights in the past. Was just curious if anyone here had weigheg one before.

Helpfulness, I got your helpfulness. You state you have one in your first post:

"Any one have an accurate weight on the vs 200? I don't believe the 18oz weight that they say it is. I have one but I really don't feel like cutting/untaping it in order to find out. Thanks"

Three people reply with information. It's obvious they went to the VS website and attained the info. I'm sure you know how to find the VS website with the same information. And I figured you didn't agree with their listed weight.

You then say:

"I know 18 is what VS says but I just don't believe that number"

You have one and won't take it off to weigh it. Or you don't have a scale available to you to weigh it. It seems a tad lazy to me. That's all.

I post:

A few more responses and you then respond to me:

Cut the friggin thing off? - thanks for the response I appreciate your helpfulness... If you read the first post you'd see that I got the weight off their site already. I don't believe it. Reel manuf's have been known to be off on their weights in the past. Was just curious if anyone here had weigheg one before.

Repeating everything again.

Take it off your rod and weigh it. Seems like a pretty simple solution to me.

"thanks for the response I appreciate your helpfulness"

Your welcome. biggrin.gif

No accurate scale, and not about to cut the reel off when there are still fish around even if i did have one. I thought I remembered some one posting a weight a while back so I thought I try here. So thanks again for you attitude and help chief.

When I had a VS200 (before I sold it) I weighed it loaded with mono backing & 50 Lb Power Pro and I believe it weighed about 23 ounces or so. I think others on this Board have posted that their VS250's weighed 24.4 ounces loaded with line.

That sounds more like it. I figure line weighs an ounce or two which would put the round ~ 21oz which seems more reasonable.

No accurate scale, and not about to cut the reel off when there are still fish around even if i did have one. I thought I remembered some one posting a weight a while back so I thought I try here. So thanks again for you attitude and help chief.

Once again your more than welcome! HappyWave.gif

Once I get done fishing and take them off to clean them I'll throw it on my scale and post a weight for ya. Have a Merry Christmas. wink.gif

Ande and Big Game sell line by the quarter pound spool.

A quarter pound spool of Big Game holds 650 yards.

So figure 325 yards of 20# Big Game weighs two ounces. Dry. Mono absorbs water so after a few casts, you probably have another ounce or two of weight on your spool.

The original VS 200---the model I own---was listed at 19 oz.