Baccigalup

Are you willing to try....?????

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Chicken  gizzards

Actually were pretty good....sherry garlic wine and chicken broth..charred in the pan and added them to sunday macaroni and ricotta....wierd but good

20221002_173641.jpg

We have this fried chicken shack by work that breads them and deep fries them. I have some one or two times a year and they're always fantastic. The people that run the place are originally from S.Carolina, real nice people.

The gizzards are good and the chicken livers fried with floured , garlic , white wine or Marsala are awesome …

22 mins ago, Surf bomber said:

The gizzards are good and the chicken livers fried with floured , garlic , white wine or Marsala are awesome …

Try them with sherry

Posted (edited)

Sounds good .. some folks might call livers cooked using this recipe  Italian soul food …lol lol lol 

Edited by Surf bomber

1 hour ago, Surf bomber said:

Sounds good .. some folks might call livers cooked using this recipe  Italian soul food …lol lol lol 

Lol...sofritto.  i only would  eat livers from deer and not in the last ten years.  Ill take the hearts gizzards anyday

Posted (edited)

Fried and drowned in  Tabasco .. less funky than livers and more chewy. A big batch can make your jaws ache. 

Someone needs to invent fried chicken flavored chewing gum. 

Edited by triumph

the local chinese bodega spots has them fried. I sprinkle some hot sauce on them & go to town on them. But I only can eat so much before my jaw locks up from chewing on them :laugh:

56 mins ago, vce12342000 said:

the local chinese bodega spots has them fried. I sprinkle some hot sauce on them & go to town on them. But I only can eat so much before my jaw locks up from chewing on them :laugh:

Boiling them first tenderizes them some... i ate them for three days.   Im good for a while now.  Ill have to try chicken feet next time i get them for the dog